• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reducing red tape

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reducing red tape

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1989237.html

One of the benefits of Brexit is that the government can set its own rules and thereby reduce red tape.

In a new year message marking the first anniversary of his trade deal with Brussels, Mr Johnson listed “simplifying complex EU alcohol duty rates” as one of a handful of benefits he believes Brexit has delivered for the UK.
    I'm alright Jack

oh hang on!
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

So you didn't notice the changes to alcohol duty in the last budget then...?
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        So you didn't notice the changes to alcohol duty in the last budget then...?
        Looks like you didn't read the article.

I'm not surprised the wine trade is annoyed.
        Having looked at the government response, the "complex EU duty rates" could be summarised in one table. The new rates look like they are a lot simpler, if you only look at one of the tables. Then you discover there's a second table as well, and the extra rules.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
        X