• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiteers wanted!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexiteers wanted!

Hiya, I’m Liv from Warrington and I’m currently doing some research for my bachelor’s thesis on why people voted for Brexit and would love to interview anyone who was willing to talk a bit about yourself, why you voted for Brexit, and why it was important to you. I’m looking at it in terms of how Big Data from Facebook has been used to influence democracy and democratic processes but more specifically I want to look at why targeted ads in the Brexit referendum were so effective. I want to see why maybe you wanted to Take Back Control, how you might have previously felt unheard, and how Brexit may have also been chance for you to have a voice. Because of this, it would be great if anyone interested was also using Facebook at the time. I’m hoping for an informal chat, purely for my own research, and would love for anyone interested to get in touch by replying to this thread.

There are no Brexiteers here! This is a staunch EU supporting sub-forum.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...version%29.ogg
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
      I want to see why maybe you wanted to Take Back Control
      That question has been being asked for years here. Still no definite answer received.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If the OP is legitimate should you not share your Ethics Statement complete with details on how you comply with GDPR?
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          That question has been being asked for years here. Still no definite answer received.
          Says the member from the land of very milky chocolate and yodelling.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            If the OP is legitimate should you not share your Ethics Statement complete with details on how you comply with GDPR?
            That's true, I was going to send an ethics statement alongside a consent form to anyone who was interested in talking to me before beginning any sort of conversation

Comment

The way the post is phrased is off putting. It's making an assumption that doesn't represent all leave voters.

I know some who aren't anti-immigration, and actually liked the existing relationship we had with the EU but they were worried that a vote to stay would be endorsing closer ties and adoption of the Euro and all the fiscal issues that come with it.

But your study is focussing on the foamy mouthed xenophobe community so is going to be biased, adding no value other than to foster ever greater division.

Comment

The way it is worded, the OP has already made up their mind that they voted to leave because they saw something on Facebook or Twitter.

Conclusion:

"Within society there are always weak minded individuals, that are easily influenced by social media. The xenophobic ones with very limited IQ are now called Brexiteers within this paper"

Now, how long before the job offer at the Guardian rolls in?
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

How much do you pay for it? Happy to pretend to be a brexidiot if it pays well, I promise I will try to lower my IQ.

But seriously, there are better platforms than this one for surveys such as Prolific or I-Say where users have to complete a profile and one of the questions at registration is did you vote for brexit in the referendum. You will have to pay though to the respondents, many universities use it for their research

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    The way the post is phrased is off putting. It's making an assumption that doesn't represent all leave voters.

I know some who aren't anti-immigration, and actually liked the existing relationship we had with the EU but they were worried that a vote to stay would be endorsing closer ties and adoption of the Euro and all the fiscal issues that come with it.

But your study is focussing on the foamy mouthed xenophobe community so is going to be biased, adding no value other than to foster ever greater division.
                    To be fair to the OP, she's come to the right place as CUK is full of those.

Wonder how many are going to be brave enough to put their views across though where the person doing the research knows who they are? The brexiters on here like to hide behind being their online avatar.

I say good luck to the OP - she should get some interesting comments if the usual suspects are brave enough to speak to her
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X