• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muppet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine there will be some very worried gangsters who have fled the UK to run their empires. Good chance for the Spanish to clean up the Costa Del Crime tag.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I imagine there will be some very worried gangsters who have fled the UK to run their empires. Good chance for the Spanish to clean up the Costa Del Crime tag.
      As long as they've got a decent amount of money, they'll have no trouble qualifying for residency. And actually they may be safer now from the reach of the police in the UK.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Really pleased Spain are exercising their sovereign right to identify and deport illegal immigrants. Why should they have to support these economic migrants taking advantage of Spanish public services?
        Last edited by _V_; 29 March 2021, 15:15.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          Really pleased Spain are exercising their sovereign right to identify and deport illegal immigrants. Why should they have to support these economic migrants taking advantage of Spanish public services?
          How is your Cyprus villa going now?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            the Brexiteers mostly wanted rid of illegal immigrants.
            That's what they're getting.

Now they are coming over here to buy houses and be a drain on the NHS. And NOT EVEN WORK.
            Someone was on the gin early. Illegal immigrants buying houses is a new one on me.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

How is your Cyprus villa going now?
              Better than the draft dodging?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Someone was on the gin early. Illegal immigrants buying houses is a new one on me.
                I think he meant illegal immigrants in Spain (Brits) moving back to the UK. I doubt they'll all be buying houses though because you can't swap a Spanish villa for much over here.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

It's all a definite negative of Brexit though.

Previously, it was easy to move to France, Spain etc to retire or work. Now there are more obstacles.

Even having a 2nd home over there isn't as good as it used to be. As I understand it, you can only stay in the country for 90 days at a time.

Although I suppose a true brexiter would never stoop to going anywhere foreign.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

I thought AtW was an illegal? But it is only a flat over a kebab shop, he's a bit of a let down compared to what his compatriots buy in Mayfair.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I thought AtW was an illegal? But it is only a flat over a kebab shop, he's a bit of a let down compared to what his compatriots buy in Mayfair.
                      Free kebabs to police innit...

Comment

Working...
                      X