• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The times they are a changing..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Just because you don't agree with our reasons doesn't mean we are biased.
    The bias is you never have anything positive to say about the EU. You only post bile. That's bias my friend.

Whereas most remainers will criticise the EU if it's wrong equally as much as the UK government. That's what you seem to struggle to understand - I'm not pro EU any more than I'm against it. It's just for me, on balance, the UK is better off in a free trade group that allows UK companies to freely trade with its closest neighbours.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      the UK is better off in a free trade group that allows UK companies to freely trade with its closest neighbours.
      What group would that be then?

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post

What group would that be then?
        ASEAN

Comment

The reason why the EU vaccine roll out is so slow is because the UK have hogged all the vaccines. The EU has exported 20 million doses to the UK. The UK exported nothing.

Anyway it looks like they've seen the error of their ways and will be stopping those exports.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 25 March 2021, 23:36.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The reason why the EU vaccine roll out is so slow is because the UK have hogged all the vaccines. The EU has exported 20 million doses to the UK. The UK exported nothing.

Anyway it looks like they've seen the error of their ways and will be stopping those exports.
            Wrong and wrong. Astra Zeneca and Pfizer have moved (both ways) their products around their supply chains in order to fulfil orders placed by governments. The UK got their orders in first, months before the EU. If the EU wish to legally force companies which operate in their jurisdiction to fulfil their orders before others, best of luck to them, but legally they would be on very dodgy ground. The UK has committed to exporting surplus supplies once all UK citizens have been vaccinated, which is all they can do.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Wrong and wrong. Astra Zeneca and Pfizer have moved (both ways) their products around their supply chains in order to fulfil orders placed by governments. The UK got their orders in first, months before the EU. If the EU wish to legally force companies which operate in their jurisdiction to fulfil their orders before others, best of luck to them, but legally they would be on very dodgy ground. The UK has committed to exporting surplus supplies once all UK citizens have been vaccinated, which is all they can do.
              The EU will decide whether the UK gets its orders delivered, not Astra-Zeneca. The UK can do what it likes in the courts they don't have any jurisdiction over the EU anymore.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

The bias is you never have anything positive to say about the EU. You only post bile. That's bias my friend.

Whereas most remainers will criticise the EU if it's wrong equally as much as the UK government. That's what you seem to struggle to understand - I'm not pro EU any more than I'm against it. It's just for me, on balance, the UK is better off in a free trade group that allows UK companies to freely trade with its closest neighbours.
                Happy to praise the EU when they do something right. Do tell when they do.

I don't consider beating Catalan voters senseless , denying any plan for an army until they were forced to reveal it, being 3 months+ late to the negotiating table on vaccines or leaving Greece to starve to be right. YMMV.

The EU are good for the leaders of the EU.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Not the EU being months late to sign the contract for vaccines at or below cost then throwing their weight around because they don't get their vaccines first? Maybe because they lied about the efficacy of the AZ none of their citizens want it. That's the problem with facts remoaners don't understand them.
                  Last edited by vetran; 26 March 2021, 16:31.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Happy to praise the EU when they do something right. Do tell when they do.

I don't consider beating Catalan voters senseless , denying any plan for an army until they were forced to reveal it, being 3 months+ late to the negotiating table on vaccines or leaving Greece to starve to be right. YMMV.

The EU are good for the leaders of the EU.
                    There you go, your bias laid out.

It's ok, you want to be biased then that's your choice, but don't pretend that you argue from a balanced view point when you don't.

Comment

There you go, your bias laid out.

It's ok, you want to be biased then that's your choice, but don't pretend that you argue from a balanced view point when you don't.
                      what are you talking about do tell me what the EU has done right I have given you 3 examples of what I believe it has done wrong do feel free to challenge them or put up counter claims. or you can just carry on posting tulip you made up as usual!
                      Last edited by vetran; 26 March 2021, 17:15.

Comment

Working...
                      X