• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK breaks international law by extending NI grace period unilaterally

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Once you're out of a club, you cease to be family. If NI (or UK) really starves, I'm sure the EU will send food parcels, and possibly troups from the EU army to restore order... Treaties and the rule of law are their for a reason.

But you know this.
    Did you mean troops?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      UK becoming more and more a Pariah state
      Still can't seem to get rid of you though. :-(
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Still can't seem to get rid of you though. :-(
        yeah because the 5 million EU citizens applying to stay must all be mad!

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/l...n-applications

The Home Office has today (11 February 2021) announced it has hit the milestone of five million applications to the EU Settlement Scheme with 4 months still to go before the deadline of 30 June 2021.

This includes more than 4.5 million applications from England, 252,400 from Scotland, 83,800 from Wales and 81,800 from Northern Ireland up to 31 January 2021.

More than 4.5 million grants of status have also been made, delivering on the government’s promise to secure the rights of millions of Europeans in UK law for years to come.
        Strange how everyone wants to come here.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Strange how everyone wants to come here.
          Not valid for Europeans anymore since you left the EU, now only Asians and Africans want to come, exactly what the brexiteers voted for

Comment

Not valid for Europeans anymore since you left the EU, now only Asians and Africans want to come, exactly what the brexiteers voted for
            5 million EU citizens want to stay here now despite the horror of us brexiting. Plenty of Europeans still want to come.

Strange many of the Asians & Africans cross the EU to come here. Imagine disliking France so much you climb into an overloaded rubber dinghy?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

5 million EU citizens want to stay here now despite the horror of us brexiting. Plenty of Europeans still want to come.

Strange many of the Asians & Africans cross the EU to come here. Imagine disliking France so much you climb into an overloaded rubber dinghy?
              Most of the Europeans are settled here, are married with Brits, kids in schools, have jobs, businesses, a house etc, it's not always easy to move again to another country.

Personally I also don't understand why refugees are so desperate, whilst they are already in a safe country to risk their lives and that of their children and climb in a dinghy to cross the channel. Someone must be spreading myths of unicorns and unlimited benefits (which are amongst the lowest in the western world in the UK)

Comment

Most of the Europeans are settled here, are married with Brits, kids in schools, have jobs, businesses, a house etc, it's not always easy to move again to another country.

Personally I also don't understand why refugees are so desperate, whilst they are already in a safe country to risk their lives and that of their children and climb in a dinghy to cross the channel. Someone must be spreading myths of unicorns and unlimited benefits (which are amongst the lowest in the western world in the UK)
                So stop your constant whining and get on with it then.
                You decided to come here FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

So stop your constant whining and get on with it then.
                  You decided to come here FFS.
                  Oh your detention has finished I see, back to your racist rants

Comment

Personally I also don't understand why refugees are so desperate, whilst they are already in a safe country to risk their lives and that of their children and climb in a dinghy to cross the channel.
                    Language may be a factor. They are probably more likely to speak English than any other European language.

Those from French speaking countries may be more inclined to stay in France.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Oh your detention has finished I see, back to your racist rants
                      i've told you time and again, i'm NOT racist.
                      it's you particularly who pisses me off with your constant whingeing about the UK.
                      you didn't have to come here, you could have stayed in Staphorst.

Comment

Working...
                      X