• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Carnage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit Carnage

Brexit Carnage

Lorries outside of Parliament had anti-Brexit slogans in bold writing on the side of them such as 'Brexit Carnage!'
    Lorries patrolling Westminster with "Brexit Carnage" written on the side is not good optics, not good at all
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 23 February 2021, 10:12.
    I'm alright Jack

Just a bunch of whiny remoaners who failed to prepare in the 4 years they had and haven't looked at exploiting the opportunities that brexit is opening up for them, like delivering truck loads of stuff to Canada.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

The government needs to open up new overnight ferry services to the fast growing Asia-Pacific region.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

If they still got fuel then thing ain't as bad as Project Fear claimed to be.

Comment

A third said: "The EU has hung the deal on the fact that any changes could incur penalties or tariffs on our exports into Europe so it is going to be very tricky.

"It is a pretty lousy deal, at best it is a minimal deal, at worst it is a disaster."

A fourth fisherman said: "We are struggling to get fish through to France.

Nice friends there.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            [/B]

Nice friends there.
            We signed the deal. Wasn't it the Tories, with the backing of their supporters (like you) who said no deal was better than a bad deal. They signed this deal and hence they (and you) must accept that this is better than WTO terms.

The Tories had 4 years to get a good deal. This is the best they could get. You should be happy

Edit: they're not friends, they are direct competitors and trade partners (at best). If they were friends the Tories and their supporters like you wouldn't have been so scathing about them for the past 5 years.

HTH
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

We signed the deal. Wasn't it the Tories, with the backing of their supporters (like you) who said no deal was better than a bad deal. They signed this deal and hence they (and you) must accept that this is better than WTO terms.

The Tories had 4 years to get a good deal. This is the best they could get. You should be happy

Edit: they're not friends, they are direct competitors and trade partners (at best). If they were friends the Tories and their supporters like you wouldn't have been so scathing about them for the past 5 years.

HTH
              Which is what they were when we were in the EU, I worked for a very large French organisation and a larger American organisation. There was no love lost between sales teams across Europe and selling via the most advantageous tax regime. However remainers still believe giving them preferential access is what we should do.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X