• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any brexiteers want a job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any brexiteers want a job?

In daffodil picking?
    https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/bre...fodils-7657614

I call tulip as usual

However, since Covid and the end of free movement following Brexit, the business only has around 400 flower pickers.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

FTFY
      However, since Covid and the end of free movement following Brexit, the business only has around 400 flower pickers.
      Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I speak tulip as usual
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
        Talking rowlocks since the war!
        oh look there is a visa for that
        https://www.gov.uk/seasonal-worker-visa

Comment

oh look there is a visa for that
          https://www.gov.uk/seasonal-worker-visa
          enough money to support yourself in the UK - you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available,
          That's two months wages in Romania
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

That's two months wages in Romania
            How much in France, Australia & USA where our citizens go to pick fruit or help at summer camp?

Why are remainers desperate to race to the bottom?

Comment

How much in France, Australia & USA where our citizens go to pick fruit or help at summer camp?

Why are remainers desperate to race to the bottom?
              You are comparing backpackers and students who earn something during their holiday with people who pick fruit to earn money keep their families alive?
              I wonder who is desperate

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

You are comparing backpackers and students who earn something during their holiday with people who pick fruit to earn money keep their families alive?
                I wonder who is desperate
                I suspect the desperate ones are the cheap labour we exploit to pick our food.

You seem to think we need to use cheap labour from Romania because you believe they need the charity. Other MDCs use college kids who want to see the host country. They are a quite different propositions.

The end game of course is automation and that is probably where we need to head.

Comment

Working...
                X