• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any brexiteers want a job?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

You are comparing backpackers and students who earn something during their holiday with people who pick fruit to earn money keep their families alive?
    I wonder who is desperate
    I suspect the desperate ones are the cheap labour we exploit to pick our food.

You seem to think we need to use cheap labour from Romania because you believe they need the charity. Other MDCs use college kids who want to see the host country. They are a quite different propositions.

The end game of course is automation and that is probably where we need to head.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

How much in France, Australia & USA where our citizens go to pick fruit or help at summer camp?

Why are remainers desperate to race to the bottom?
    You are comparing backpackers and students who earn something during their holiday with people who pick fruit to earn money keep their families alive?
    I wonder who is desperate

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

That's two months wages in Romania
    How much in France, Australia & USA where our citizens go to pick fruit or help at summer camp?

Why are remainers desperate to race to the bottom?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

oh look there is a visa for that
    https://www.gov.uk/seasonal-worker-visa
    enough money to support yourself in the UK - you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available,
    That's two months wages in Romania

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Talking rowlocks since the war!
    oh look there is a visa for that
    https://www.gov.uk/seasonal-worker-visa

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    FTFY
    However, since Covid and the end of free movement following Brexit, the business only has around 400 flower pickers.
    I speak tulip as usual

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I call tulip as usual

However, since Covid and the end of free movement following Brexit, the business only has around 400 flower pickers.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    started a topic Any brexiteers want a job?

Any brexiteers want a job?

In daffodil picking?
    https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/bre...fodils-7657614

Working...
X