• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Surely not

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely not

BBC now reporting a deal is done. Good grief

mi fone did this on tappy tawk
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I am 110% certain that it will me a mighty deal. The one that was voted for. Well done you plucky Brexiteers for proving us wrong.

Comment

Weak UK government gives in on Brexit sticking points after a few days of border issues, as they realise they're out of their depth.

Fact check that, BBC.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Boris will get his well earned Légion d'honneur next year

Comment

I think we can predict the shenanigans that will happen from now to new year. They will publish the deal legal text, a bunch of ERG goons will come out loudly claiming that this was not the Brexit that the people were promised, they will not vote for the deal. There will be a split among Tory MP's on whether to vote or not. Some MP's will be bribed and the deal will somehow sneak through.

The disgruntled MP's will continue to harass and undermine BJ to a point where he will resign next year, Rees Mogg will become PM, chaos will ensue.

New elections will have to be called, Corbyn will make a comeback as a the new PM and rejoin the EU. Case closed.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

This isn't just a trade deal, it is a new EU treaty, a common set of rules and regulations, a common fisheries policy.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 24 December 2020, 09:16.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Hopefully all this nonsense goes away and we can move forward.

And hopefully they do not get the green flag for points based immigration system that will favour visa workers over locals.

Some managers hire someone with a mortgage over a renter because the leash is shorter... 5y visa they can wave over the head is nirvana to them. Is already happenings with H1B in US of A.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                Hopefully all this nonsense goes away and we can move forward.

And hopefully they do not get the green flag for points based immigration system that will favour visa workers over locals.

Some managers hire someone with a mortgage over a renter because the leash is shorter... 5y visa they can wave over the head is nirvana to them. Is already happenings with H1B in US of A.
                Unfortunately the points based system introduced as a favour to Infosys/TCS is here to stay. H1b in USA was abused to hell by Infosys and TCS and there were court cases over it. Bearing in mind H1b has a limit on the number issued in a year and these IT companies used to get the majority of it, the points based system here will be unlimited, I shudder to think what is going to happen next year. I predict in excess of 200k IT guys to enter UK every year.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  I think we can predict the shenanigans that will happen from now to new year. They will publish the deal legal text, a bunch of ERG goons will come out loudly claiming that this was not the Brexit that the people were promised, they will not vote for the deal. There will be a split among Tory MP's on whether to vote or not. Some MP's will be bribed and the deal will somehow sneak through.

The disgruntled MP's will continue to harass and undermine BJ to a point where he will resign next year, Rees Mogg will become PM, chaos will ensue.

New elections will have to be called, Corbyn will make a comeback as a the new PM and rejoin the EU. Case closed.
                  You forget with such a large majority, the ERG is sidelined. Most Tory MPs were Remainers and very few wanted a hard Brexit.

You also forget that Keir will back virtually any deal as better than nothing, while saying it's rubbish. It'll walk through parliament.

mi fone did this on tappy tawk
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    This isn't just a trade deal, it is a new EU treaty, a common set of rules and regulations, a common fisheries policy.
                    Same as before, different name?

Comment

Working...
                    X