• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fish for Finance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish for Finance

Looks like the UK will get the fish and France will get the finance.

Joe Biden to boost Macron's plan to DETHRONE City of London as Europe's banker

A fair swap.

The UK will be too busy defending its waters for the imperial fishing fleet to worry about a few banks.
    I'm alright Jack

Fish banks will thrive

Comment

BB is believing what he reads in the Express again! Nurse - more meds please!

The issue Europe has is Paris, Frankfurt and Madrid all fighting.

A quant mate just moving to Madrid to join CS. Huge pay rise. They are really ramping up over there.

BB and the rest of the Remoaner f**ktards don't understand this. Let the whining commence. Well actually continue. Since 2016. You are losers. Don't you know when to STFU. Still its nice to laugh at you.

Comment

Paris is catching up fast.

Paris as a growing financial centre

Paris has ambitions to become the leading financial centre in Europe after Brexit. While around 250,000 people work in the financial services sector in the UK, Paris has around 180,000 employees in the sector, according to Paris Europlace, the organisation that promotes the financial sector in Paris. This puts the French capital in pole position in Europe, ahead of rivals such as Frankfurt or Dublin.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

It’s academical for cretins like Brillo anyway since he won’t be having a finance job soon due to imminent personal bankruptcy, which would complete his already bankrupt character.

Comment

British fishermen explode over SELL-OUT

So the deal is the French get the finance and the British lose their fish.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Fishermen are now protesting that their industry will be dead after 31/12. In other words they will be worse off under Brexit. They got what they voted for and I don't feel sorry for them.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Fishermen are now protesting that their industry will be dead after 31/12. In other words they will be worse off under Brexit. They got what they voted for and I don't feel sorry for them.
                The only people to gain under Brexit will be the rich Tory chaos capitalists and their super rich supporters like Ratcliff (Ineos) and Dyson.

They sold a great story to the plebs though, and they took the bait hook, line and sinker (almost like a fish, which is ironic )
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Tory MP Bob Blackman currently on Talk Radio telling everyone not to be worried as the UK is on the verge of signing a huge deal with India. Apparently this deal will be the centrepiece of the Tory trade stategy.

Guess what India gets out of that.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    The only people to gain under Brexit will be the rich Tory chaos capitalists and their super rich supporters like Ratcliff (Ineos) and Dyson.

They sold a great story to the plebs though, and they took the bait hook, line and sinker (almost like a fish, which is ironic )
                    So you are not a delusional old man afterall.
                    I would add data management and financial opacity to that list so that the good ol’ fiscal paradises can be still managed from the city.

My personal projection is that they will bankrupt anything that is not longer feasible to produce/export and will focus on industries that have more added value.
                    Reduced employment rights should facilitate some of the transition.

The disgruntled people will be encouraged to seek shelter somewhere else which probably EU will be happy to give a hand for everything skilled.

Everything will be done in the shadow of covid so the nupties can’t discern what was what.

No deal was the plan from day one, covid just facilitated them with the perfect smokescreen.

And cheap pints in Spoons’ for everyone so they stay happy and tranquilised.

Comment

Working...
                    X