• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A1 form if you move abroad to EU as an employee of your LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A1 form if you move abroad to EU as an employee of your LTD

Anyone filled out the a1 form if you are in Europe and want to continue to be taxed by the UK as opposed to the eu country?

Tell HMRC about employees going to work in the European Economic Area (CA3822) - GOV.UK

Am I correct to think this is for people actively going outside the UK rather than working remotely?

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
      Am I correct to think this is for people actively going outside the UK rather than working remotely?
      It's going to get really messy. So much for s**m Brexiters proclaiming less red-tape.

Good point, I would interoperate this to include remote working from a place other than a client's office for more than an month.

If you are sent to work short term or long term at client co EU's office you will need a visa.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I'm in the EU most of the time as all the office work in london dried up, only remote stuff now

interesting reads:

Posting staff abroad: Guidelines & social security rules - Your Europe
        Apply for a portable document A1 or E101 if self-employed in European Economic Area (CA3837) - GOV.UK

Comment

I thought you were working on hourly rate work from home within the UK

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2836619
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

no contracts in london as usual, all the stuff atm is remote with my own direct clients

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              It's going to get really messy. So much for s**m Brexiters proclaiming less red-tape.

Good point, I would interoperate this to include remote working from a place other than a client's office for more than an month.

If you are sent to work short term or long term at client co EU's office you will need a visa.
              They can just recolour it to blue tape.

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
                I'm in the EU most of the time as all the office work in london dried up, only remote stuff now

interesting reads:

Posting staff abroad: Guidelines & social security rules - Your Europe
                Apply for a portable document A1 or E101 if self-employed in European Economic Area (CA3837) - GOV.UK
                Have you registered anywhere in the EU as a resident,? You can forget it after Dec 31

Comment

Yeah I've been through that pain twice now. I've determined my centre of vital interests still are in the UK, so am just now trying to get reciprocal social insurance in that EU country, vs private healthcare will be 2000-3000 Eur py

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
                    Anyone filled out the a1 form if you are in Europe and want to continue to be taxed by the UK as opposed to the eu country?

Tell HMRC about employees going to work in the European Economic Area (CA3822) - GOV.UK
                    This has been the case since at least 2010. Nothing to do with Brexit.

Under EU Regulation EC 883/2004, all employees who travel to another EU/EEA country on a business trip must obtain A1 certification. This rule applies not only for secondments of up to 2 years, but for stays of any length, including meetings and workshops lasting only hours, or even refuelling stops in another country.

However, its enforcement is patchy, and it's routinely ignored by big business. So far there have been no accounts of a large company having any trouble. There are ongoing attempts to get rid of the requirement as it is massively bureaucratic and stupid.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X