• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you stockpiling?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    I was assuming that only a small proportion of "things" will rise in price significantly due to a no deal Brexit agreements.

Of course if everything goes up 15 or 20%, then a lot of people will be in big financial trouble.

Rishi will save us with "free" money
    I was just thinking of that: they'll probably increase by import tariffs (if applicable), vat ( non EU country),costs increases form transport and manpower, depreciation in currency correction.

So they might bring food from other corners of the world. Guessing the US type cheese will be a win.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      The main issue will probably be hyperinflation not food scarcity.
      I have a few kg’s I would like to shed, eating frugally might actually help.
      Tesco are stockpiling. Hyperinflation is ludicrous.

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      You may be able to deal with a 15% price increase but a lot of people don't
      It's not just price hikes, but a lack of supply while everyone tries to figure what is going on.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Went to the Haribo outlet store today, stocks have been piled up
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Went to the Haribo outlet store today, stocks have been piled up
          I used to have to drive past the factory in Bonn on the way to work. Divine smell.

I would imagine there are tulip loads stacked up by the Danish border.

Comment

I'm trying to stock up, but keep drinking it.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tesco: Brexit ''could see people choose cheddar over brie'' - BBC News

Brits could turn back to cheddar if the price of French cheese shoots up after a no-deal Brexit.

Tesco's chair John Allan told the BBC that import taxes could push up the price of brie by as much as 40%.
              OR

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/285354536

Produce of

Produced in the U.K., using milk from the U.K.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Leaves more of the good stuff for us. Actually a lot of the Cheddar in Europe comes from Ireland anyway. The problem with the above, there are only a finite amount of milk which means at some point, something has to give. A few years old but still very relevant: Brexit and the Dairy Sector
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Leaves more of the good stuff for us. Actually a lot of the Cheddar in Europe comes from Ireland anyway. The problem with the above, there are only a finite amount of milk which means at some point, something has to give. A few years old but still very relevant: Brexit and the Dairy Sector
                  I'm sure the UK will adapt and we will survive. Thanks for your concern.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

No problems but just in case, stockpile this...

Comment

Is that what Brexit has now come down to? We'll "adapt and survive", if that's really the best we can hope for then we're doomed. We've spent four years pissing about trying to find a way to make divorce look friendly and we're now left with "adapting and surviving".
                      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Working...
                      X