• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE webinar: What does a post IR35 reform CV look like? : Wed, Jul 28, 2021 7:15 PM - 8:15 PM BST More details here.

In theory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    In theory

    “Boris Johnson would rather defy the law than ask for another Brexit delay, he has indicated, as Labour was accused of plunging Britain into a constitutional crisis.

    The Prime Minister said he “will not” carry out Parliament’s instructions to seek an Article 50 extension if he fails to agree a new deal, adding he was only bound “in theory” by a law passed on Friday.

    Mr Johnson also ruled out the option of resigning to avoid asking for an extension, saying he would be staying in office to deliver Brexit and defeat Jeremy Corbyn.”

    Boris Johnson set to defy the law rather than ask for Brexit delay

    #2


    It strikes me that not all of those things can be simultaneously true.

    A bit like when Old Greg calls himself a "clever meanie" and then traps his head in his underpants and wonders why the lights went out.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post



      A bit like when Old Greg calls himself a "clever meanie" and then traps his head in his underpants and wonders why the lights went out.


      WCIS
      Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
      Inertia, however........................

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by AtW View Post
        “Boris Johnson would rather defy the law than ask for another Brexit delay, he has indicated, as Labour was accused of plunging Britain into a constitutional crisis.

        The Prime Minister said he “will not” carry out Parliament’s instructions to seek an Article 50 extension if he fails to agree a new deal, adding he was only bound “in theory” by a law passed on Friday.

        Mr Johnson also ruled out the option of resigning to avoid asking for an extension, saying he would be staying in office to deliver Brexit and defeat Jeremy Corbyn.”

        Boris Johnson set to defy the law rather than ask for Brexit delay
        Classic Goebbels stuff:

        Boris Johnson would rather defy the law than ask for another Brexit delay, he has indicated, as Labour was accused of plunging Britain into a constitutional crisis.

        Comment


          #5
          Will the police arrest him or will they just say - “It’s a civil matter”?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Will the police arrest him or will they just say - “It’s a civil matter”?
            Or will the Queen send the army around to execute him as a traitor?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

            Comment


              #7
              I expect the EU will be preparing for all sorts of shenanigans.

              The latest hair brained idea I heard being floated was that Johnson could request an extension but then the UK could use its veto to stop an extension being granted.

              Strange times.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                I expect the EU will be preparing for all sorts of shenanigans.

                The latest hair brained idea I heard being floated was that Johnson could request an extension but then the UK could use its veto to stop an extension being granted.

                Strange times.
                That’s ruled out by A50.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Taking back control by defying the laws that were made by your own parliament.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    All BJ wants is to be PM. Preferably for more than just a few weeks. H doesn’t give a flying stuff about Brexit. Brexit is a tool for him. One he may not be skilled enough to handle.
                    He needs it to go away now. So he can wipe the floor with JC. Without losing votes to the swivel eyes.

                    Bizarrely enough, another referendum solves all his problems as long as he doesn’t call it, or appear to support it.
                    Watch this space.
                    See You Next Tuesday

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X