• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do Remainers think being in the EU is a "good thing"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I rarely comment on Brexit discussions these days, but stuff like this does irritate me somewhat.

Until both sides acknowledge that the other's arguments have some validity, there will be no solution to this mess.

There are arguments for both leaving and staying in the EU - there isn't a 'right' answer.

However, in practice, the government couldn't have done a worse job of implementing "leave".
    At last! Something remainers and leavers can agree on! We all hate those in the middle!

Seriously, I do wonder where this will all end.....

Comment

This finally makes sense, because the UK is run by unelected EU womps like Ann Widdecombe and Nigel Farage, the House of Commons and its associated MP's are powerless to agree a way for us to leave the EU.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        , the people have voted and it should be enacted. However stupid they are, its what democracy is based on.

Let's put aside the totally simplistic interpretation of 'democracy'. Let's ask the question "Is it more democratic to follow the will of the people three years ago rather than the will of the people today?"

Brexiteers just keep grimly hanging on to a perverted moment in time. It's long gone and we've moved on.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          Let's put aside the totally simplistic interpretation of 'democracy'. Let's ask the question "Is it more democratic to follow the will of the people three years ago rather than the will of the people today?"

Brexiteers just keep grimly hanging on to a perverted moment in time. It's long gone and we've moved on.
          It might have been more democratic to have followed the will of the people three years ago, but thanks to the incompetence/belligerence of our elected masters, that particular ship hasn't even left port, let alone sailed...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Thread up for eight hours and no-one spotted the typo.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I did, but feck assgoo, IDGAF what he/she/it posts

Comment

It's Friday. And the pub was open. And nobody takes Sassy's ramblings seriously anyway. Btw, has anyone checked his bail conditions lately?
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

One has to make allowances for the cretinous one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

Should we not have had a referendum every 3 years then? 1978, 1981, 1984, etcetc.

I want referendums banned full stop. In fact, I want a referendum on that....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Should we not have had a referendum every 3 years then? 1978, 1981, 1984, etcetc.

I want referendums banned full stop. In fact, I want a referendum on that....

You can have one, and we promise to ignore the result.

Comment

Working...
                      X