• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So if Boris can't get a GE?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    OK, so if you believe he can't be trusted to abide by the law, and I'm not questioning that opinion, how could Parliament force him to negotiate an extension? He could just not comply.
    Parliament can legislate to give that power to the Speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      OK, so if you believe he can't be trusted to abide by the law, and I'm not questioning that opinion, how could Parliament force him to negotiate an extension? He could just not comply.
      Go on, have a think. If it is written into law then, he will be breaking the law. What normally happens when someone breaks the law? Go on .... you can do it .... give thinking a real try and you'll get to the answer
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I don't think even Johnson would be crazy enough to break the law but, if he did, under these extraordinary circumstances, the EU might accept a request for an extension from someone else.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Go on, have a think. If it is written into law then, he will be breaking the law. What normally happens when someone breaks the law? Go on .... you can do it .... give thinking a real try and you'll get to the answer
          If you are poor, prison. If rich, nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            I don't think even Johnson would be crazy enough to break the law but, if he did, under these extraordinary circumstances, the EU might accept a request for an extension from someone else.
            The EU will accept a request and agreement for extension from whoever in the UK has the legal authority. And Parliament can legislate for this.

Comment

I see Ziggy has Boris’d his way round the question of who is going to check that the people crossing the Irish Border into the UK are actually British or Irish citizens.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I see Ziggy has Boris’d his way round the question of who is going to check that the people crossing the Irish Border into the UK are actually British or Irish citizens.
                Why do we need to check?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Which question? You need to realise that I don't spend my time hanging on your every word.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Why do we need to check?
                    To take back control of the borders and who comes in and out? Thought that was one of the main points of Brexit...
                    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Which question? You need to realise that I don't spend my time hanging on your every word.

It wasn't me that said it, but it was in response to your post about the CTA.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X