• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREXIT: Parliament can't stop "no deal" - Matt Hancock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    The reality is, we really don't know, because we don't have a written constitution. My gut instinct, as much as it pains me, is that it won't work.
    We'll know by the 1st of January. Because by then we'll be able to look back with...

never mind
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It is now increasingly clear that the pound will get totally trashed after a no deal.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

The Parliament can’t stop no deal Brexit because whilst being in EU it’s not a Sovereign Parliament, which is the reason why Brexit is needed to take back control!

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          I don't support brexit and I support the option of a no-deal even less, but if this gives us another chance to be free from the english tyranny....I'd be okay with that

Oh the tyranny of us subsidising you....

I'm happy to stop that, so tell me why the Scots weren't when they had the vote?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Good analysis here:

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Can it be prevented? Probably not, according to that article, if the gov't is absolutely committed. Preventing it relies on the PM respecting conventions that he has vowed not to respect (in the same way remainers haven't in Parliament, one could argue).

Would they actually do it? I personally doubt it, but you never know with Cummings.

Comment

Times too (although analysis not as good):

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                I don't support brexit and I support the option of a no-deal even less, but if this gives us another chance to be free from the english tyranny....I'd be okay with that
                So it's the English who turned Scotland into a nation of hate filled, self pitying, drug addicted alcoholics.

Freeeeeeeedoooooooooom!

Just a quick one, how are you lot going to pay for your health service?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  So it's the English who turned Scotland into a nation of hate filled, self pitying, drug addicted alcoholics.

Freeeeeeeedoooooooooom!

Just a quick one, how are you lot going to pay for your health service?
                  I reckon once the UK is free of Scotland the NHS will only cost about 10p a year....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I reckon once the UK is free of Scotland the NHS will only cost about 10p a year....

What will the NHS do with the extra £18,199,999,999.90?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Brexiteers are slowly giving up on parliamentary democracy to get their way.

It won't work, crashing out accidentally will just trigger an election which will be incredibly hard to win with all the chaos going on.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X