• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And in other news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in other news

German factories have their worst month for seven years as the country is hammered by trade war | Daily Mail Online

Anecdotally - lots of Brexiteers I know are going out of their way to buy British and avoid buying EU at all costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I won't believe it until I read it in a quality paper like the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        Anecdotally - lots of Brexiteers I know are going out of their way to buy British and avoid buying EU at all costs.

So why do I see those low class people in third hand BMWs with the St George's flag on their license plate?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          So why do I see those low class people in third hand BMWs with the St George's flag on their license plate?
          Because they're your neighbours?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

And I wish them luck with that.

Pick a product, any product, that is 100% British from raw materials (and for animals include feed, fertiliser for the land, chemicals for water purification, etc) through the supply chain to the finished product.

Comment

You don't need to be a Bretard to buy British, being doing it for years where the quality is comparable. It's just a shame we make crap cars, larger, wine, fresh fruit and veg grown in season not some hot house.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

If they are buying British, that's good for the economy and good for the environment.

Many of us have talked about doing that for ages, but that doesn't mean we detest every country in Europe and hope that all their citizens suffer. That's the difference.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  If they are buying British, that's good for the economy and good for the environment.

Many of us have talked about doing that for ages, but that doesn't mean we detest every country in Europe and hope that all their citizens suffer. That's the difference.
                  Detesting the supra-national political organisation known as the EU, is not the same as detesting every individual sovereign country on the continent of Europe.

Please though, don't let reality get in the way of your hyperbole.
                  Originally posted by Old Greg
                  I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    You need to avoid mirrors.

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X