• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Brexit related for sure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Brexit related for sure

“UK private sector shrinks for first time since 2016

NEWSFLASH: Britain’s service sector slowed to near stagnation last month, as the wider private sector went into contraction.

That’s according to Markit’s latest survey of UK purchasing managers, just released, which suggests the UK contracted slightly in the April-June quarter.

Service providers reported that business activity was “close to stagnation in June”, Markit says, with subdued client demand and a further reduction in “work-in-hand”.”

UK recession fears mount as private sector output slumps - business live | Business | The Guardian

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “UK private sector shrinks for first time since 2016

NEWSFLASH: Britain’s service sector slowed to near stagnation last month, as the wider private sector went into contraction.

That’s according to Markit’s latest survey of UK purchasing managers, just released, which suggests the UK contracted slightly in the April-June quarter.

Service providers reported that business activity was “close to stagnation in June”, Markit says, with subdued client demand and a further reduction in “work-in-hand”.”

UK recession fears mount as private sector output slumps - business live | Business | The Guardian
    Businesses are saving their investment decisions until the favourable Clean Brexit trading conditions.

Comment

Amazon to create over 2,000 jobs in the UK in 'vote of confidence for British economy'

Comment

Highly paid when £80K = $10.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That's good news - think of the amount of tax that will bring to hector.

Oh yeah, Amazon tax bill cut by share awards - BBC News
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            That's good news - think of the amount of tax that will bring to hector.

Oh yeah, Amazon tax bill cut by share awards - BBC News
            Add to that, the majority of their warehouse workforce are on in work benefits. The UK is quids in !!!!
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Nice to see new opportunities for the laid off bankers. Shift work isn't that bad, you get used to it.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

William Hill plan to sack 4500 employees

Should be a good pool of staff for Amazon's expansion plans.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  William Hill plan to sack 4500 employees

Should be a good pool of staff for Amazon's expansion plans.
                  I'm hiring Indian developers, I know they used a lot in William Hill
                  Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                    I'm hiring Indian developers, I know they used a lot in William Hill
                    Not according to your first post you aren't.

Comment

Working...
                    X