• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you were forming a political party what manifesto commitments would you make?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Rename the forum to Brexit and Politics,so it can continue after oct 31
    Which year?

Comment

20 years in jail for broken manifesto promises

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Hardly worth taking in your own equipment for that....
        In this weather I take my equipment out when working from home. Keeps it cooler.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          20 years in jail for broken manifesto promises
          Performance related salary and pensions for MPs
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Seems ok, but aside from taxing multinationals "fairly", how will you pay for all this?

Btw, Switzerland reduced drug crime massively by providing free clean heroin to registered addicts, and a safe place to shoot up (offering drug counselling, rehab etc., but not making in compulsory). The economic cost of this is more than compensated by the drop in petty crimes. An unexpected side-effect is that since addicts live longer, younger people see the long-term effects of heroin, and the number of addicts has also fallen significantly - of course there may be additional factors causing this.

Therefore, I'd take point b) out. I wouldn't add a point, because a large proportion of the general public would wail and moan about giving free drugs to addicts - even though overall it benefits everyone.

Totally right I support shooting galleries and counselling. Conversely I would make jails drug free and being clean inside & out part of your parole conditions.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              100% tax on rental income.

Oh ok then! 99%.....

what good is that going to do, where are those with poor credit going to live?

Best way to fix BTL is to make the returns less attractive by building more homes or have less people wanting them.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Like most manifestos, it sounds good until you think about each one just a little bit and realise that what you’ve written is just waffly enough to mean anything to anyone.

like you are equipped for that.

Its broad brush strokes as you couldn't manage anything more complicated, lets be serious "mind the gap" confuses you.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  In this weather I take my equipment out when working from home. Keeps it cooler.

need... mind bleach!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Performance related salary and pensions for MPs

would they qualify for tax credits?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Totally right I support shooting galleries...
                      Seems a bit harsh, but I suppose a pile of addict corpses could act as discouragement...
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X