• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We must choose the open sea!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    One can always tell when you're running out of ideas.
    OldSmeg never had any to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      OldSmeg never had any to start with.
      I have an idea you're a cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        He's failed to get elected as an MP in the UK. I didn't mention his election to the European Parliament.
        Or don't you believe that the UK has its own sovereign elections and has done ever since we joined the EU?
        That's a long-winded way of saying I was wrong to say he's unelected, without any qualifiers, but whatever works for you I suppose.
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          That's a long-winded way of saying I was wrong to say he's unelected, without any qualifiers, but whatever works for you I suppose.

Some Faragists on here seems to think that when he said "Pick up a rifle" it was metaphorical and he was referring to his return to UK politics, not EU politics.

Of course, those same people will change their tune rather than accept that he has failed to be elected as an MP multiple times.

But whatever works for you, I suppose.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

He's failed to get elected as an MP in the UK. I didn't mention his election to the European Parliament.
            Or don't you believe that the UK has its own sovereign elections and has done ever since we joined the EU?

You said he was unelected (you didn't specify where), I just corrected you, don't get your panties in a bunch!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I have an idea you're a cretin.

You are looking in the mirror again!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                You are looking in the mirror again!
                No, I was replying to a post by Brillo.

HTH
                BIDI

Comment

You said he was unelected (you didn't specify where), I just corrected you, don't get your panties in a bunch!
                  It didn't need correcting, he is unelected to the UK parliament, and if his worshippers are to be believed, when he said he was going to pick up a rifle, that was with reference to re-entering UK politics, something he said he had stepped back from, even while remaining an MEP.

Context is everything.

Picking up a rifle to shoot an MP, or an MEP, or anyone who disagrees with you - that's not something I would support. Where do you stand on Farage's idea?

Comment

It didn't need correcting, he is unelected to the UK parliament, and if his worshippers are to be believed, when he said he was going to pick up a rifle, that was with reference to re-entering UK politics, something he said he had stepped back from, even while remaining an MEP.

Context is everything.

Picking up a rifle to shoot an MP, or an MEP, or anyone who disagrees with you - that's not something I would support. Where do you stand on Farage's idea?

You save that for defenceless cyclists! Oh sorry were you using the Jo Brand defence.

Comment

You save that for defenceless cyclists! Oh sorry were you using the Jo Brand defence.

And you're using the Jo Cox one?

Comment

Working...
                      X