• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The pound set to devalue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Thus making case for chlorinated chickens stronger...
    People don't have to buy them if they don't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      People don't have to buy them if they don't want to.
      Yes, only they won't be able to find out what they are buying because labeling chlorinated chickens will (for obvious commercial reasons) be not allowed.

I guess there will be a market for field testing kinds, should be plenty left from WW1

Comment

Yes, only they won't be able to find out what they are buying because labeling chlorinated chickens will (for obvious commercial reasons) be not allowed.

I guess there will be a market for field testing kinds, should be plenty left from WW1
        Country of Origin = USA might be a clue!

Comment

Process it in the UK and it could be labelled as Product of UK.

Comment

Do you think US trade negotiators are stupid? They are not: country of origin labelling rules will be abandoned or changed to include only the first letter, now that's fair trade.

Comment

The US don't like labelling regulations. The UK will have to get rid of them.

US chickens will have European flags plastered all over them, and terms such as "bio". There will be no mention of the salmonella with which the chickens will be riddled, nor the chlorine they use to wash them.

The first you will know that you've eaten a US chicken will be a wave of nausea a few hours after consuming it.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 21 May 2019, 14:38.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The US don't like labelling regulations. The UK will have to get rid of them.

US chickens will have European flags plastered all over them, and terms such as "biohazard".
                FTFY

Comment

US food products contain toxic chemicals banned in the UK

...but not for much longer

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Good time to become a Vegan, eh?

As in bugger off to Vega as this planet is done for.

Comment

Do you think US trade negotiators are stupid? They are not: country of origin labelling rules will be abandoned or changed
                      Then I suppose I'd have to be more careful buying chicken and hope that other consumers are smart enough to do the same for themselves. Won't be long before the clever supermarkets start to use "non chlorinated" labels on their organic chickens when they see sales reducing.

Or I'll switch to beef. You know, the American stuff, full of growth hormones

Comment

Working...
                      X