• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£100m British Steel Loan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    There you go. Feel free to prove me wrong

In the fullness of time, I might be able to. However, I still believe that the issue of Turkey becoming a member wasn't restricted to the economic or "democratic" requirements for membership of the EU.
    You "might" and you "still believe" ha ha ... yeah .... there are many people who believe that the sky fairies exist and in the fullness of time they "might" be able to prove it. You fall into the same gullible basket fella

Why is Turkey excluded from membership of the European Union (EU) despite occupying a substantial land mass on the European continent? Is Turkey unacceptable to EU solely because of religious difference? - Quora

"To sum this up, there are several reasons not to allow Turkey membership in the European Union even if it should manage to satisfy the criteria. Religion is the most important such reason to most of the European population, but probably not to politicians. But more recently, probably caused in part by the lack of intent to include Turkey in the club, this has become moot because Turkey is now far from satisfying the criteria and probably will be for the foreseeable future"
    Well done - you've quoted some random cr@p from Quora. You do realise that not everything you read on those types of site are factually correct don't you? Ooops, no you don't, you believe anything you read on line so long as it fits your narrative

As you were fella. You enjoy your Easter break away from school
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      I expect he'd call his Whorty......if it were a lot smaller and no use for anything.

My head is shaved .... if I wear a roll neck jumper you'd be spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Blubbing? ha ha, you really are a prize twunt. I called him out for trying to think he was clever by swearing at me in secret like a child. He just needs to MTFU and if he's gonna call me a tw@t then just come out with it. Using 'carrot' instead is like kids who call their d1ck a little twinkle
        "secret like a child"

it isn't a secret from where I come from

so, just to demonstrate, what do you call those white canvas shoes that children used to wear to gym? pumps, daps or are you more sophisticated and call them plimsolls? Different areas of the UK have words, which are not necessarily slang, but are pertinent to that area. Some people that I know call a turnip a mangelwerzel. It's not the same, but similar.

Off to polish my bike now in the glorious Spring sunshine.

Comment

"secret like a child"

it isn't a secret from where I come from
          School playground?

Off to polish my bike now in the glorious Spring sunshine.
          Is that what kids call it these days? I've heard of polishing the bishop's head but never polishing your bike. Just be careful out there, you don't want to get arrested for public indecency

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            He just needs to MTFU and if he's gonna call me a tw@t then just come out with it. Using 'carrot' instead is like kids who call their d1ck a little twinkle
            He's not calling you a tw@t.

The Welsh for carrot is moron.

Hth
            I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Working...
            X