• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is a NO Deal still possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    in 2016 leaving without a negotiated exit agreement was dismissed by every churlish petulant foot-stomping remainer as suicidal. Yet the majority of other people would have been happy to Leave and THEN start negotiations for what came afterwards, safe in the knowledge that at that stage it would have been in both sides interests to be pragmatic and realistic.
    ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      ftfy

Really? Perhaps you want to read the Vote Leave campaign literature again, they expressly wanted to negotiate the terms of a new deal before leaving.

Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop - we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave
      This is, of course, for a trading deal, whereas “No Deal” refers to the Withdrawal Agreement. In 2016 we all underestimated the stupidity of Brexiters wanting to leave without even a negotiated exit arrangement.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        As Michel Barnier

Threatens no deal

I find it somewhat amusing as caller after caller rings into LBC to suggest if the PM were to threaten no deal that the EU would cave.

It's hilarious how the EU is now playing the 'no-deal' card back at May. For months and months she's threatened no deal Brexit in the hope that the EU will give us more. Just shows how idiotic brexiters are; they still think we hold all the cards Only a matter of time until the UK government capitulate
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          It's hilarious how the EU is now playing the 'no-deal' card back at May. For months and months she's threatened no deal Brexit in the hope that the EU will give us more. Just shows how idiotic brexiters are; they still think we hold all the cards Only a matter of time until the UK government capitulate
          You are joking right, the EU are tulipting themselves. Have you heard Barnier complain about the people within and without the EU trying to break it up.

Junker at one point was found wondering the corridors of the EU, shouting for more alcohol to lessen the agony of Brexit. Merkel has sold her shares in BMW and Mercedes because she knows one the Emerald Island Of Great Britain sales away they will have only the shrinking middle classes in China to buy their cars.

Lets hope that for all our futures we can leave the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            You are joking right, the EU are tulipting themselves. Have you heard Barnier complain about the people within and without the EU trying to break it up.

Junker at one point was found wondering the corridors of the EU, shouting for more alcohol to lessen the agony of Brexit. Merkel has sold her shares in BMW and Mercedes because she knows one the Emerald Island Of Great Britain sales away they will have only the shrinking middle classes in China to buy their cars.

I see that you have fully embraced the Brexit land of Unicorns and fluffy pink tutus
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I see someone's been drinking, but it's not Junker!

They've never denied that no-deal won't be bad for them. They've never denied they'd rather us stay. If we are to leave, they'd rather have a deal. BUT, and this is where you guys just don't get it, they will not break their own laws to give us that deal. They know no-deal will be worse for us than them, so if that's what we choose they will let us walk away.

If they were that bothered by no-deal, do you not think they would have changed the backstop by now?

You guys really are dim
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                I see someone's been drinking, but it's not Junker!
                That's literally never been said before.

Comment

My dream of a no deal seemed to be faltering but a glimmer of hope has risen that it may still be possible to leave the EU.

What do you think? Is it still possible that we can finally get what 17 million people voted for, a proper Brexit?

Have you noticed that the EU are starting to sweat a bit now, getting all cranky and insulting, is this the start of the end of the EU?
                  Never stop dreaming. Anything is possible as long as you can still dream.

Comment

It doesn't look good for a no deal.

....not good at all.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Anyone else listening to the Nigel Farage show.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X