• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is a NO Deal still possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    You're spokesperson for the 17.4m? Well, you're wrong on both counts.
    Brexiters want to leave, it’s up to Brexiters to provide the plan. The fact that some want EFTA, some want Canada, is not my problem.

Nobody voted for No Deal. No Deal in this context means the Withdrawal Agreement, and in 2016 leaving without a negotiated exit agreement was dismissed by every sane person (leaver or remainer) as suicidal.

Comment

It’s inevitable

Comment

Why would we want to tear up all the trade deals with nearby countries so we are free to negotiate trade deals with, err, nearby countries? Especially when the country has clearly changed its mind over the whole thing and the politician's won't ask "are you sure about this?". Instead they are arguing over options that nobody wants to achieve something very few sane people would even countenance to placate some bunch of shouty racists?

Put it all to bed.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I don't actually remember anyone talking about "no deal" in 2016. No deal is basically a last desperate attempt to clutch at straws as Brexit goes down in flames.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            I don't actually remember anyone talking about "no deal" in 2016. No deal is basically a last desperate attempt to clutch at straws as Brexit goes down in flames.

Leave the single market and custom union, that's been the deal and negotiate from there.

Thatcher had it right, the EU is a cancerous stain on democracy. It's a shame we don't have Thatcher leading the country now, I could see her now the wind in her hair and waving her bag at those bureaucrats in the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Leave the single market and custom union, that's been the deal and negotiate from there.

Thatcher had it right, the EU is a cancerous stain on democracy. It's a shame we don't have Thatcher leading the country now, I could see her now the wind in her hair and waving her bag at those bureaucrats in the EU.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Not only possible, but almost certain at this stage I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                  Not only possible, but almost certain at this stage I think.
                  Good news TCP. I'm glad others share my optimism that we can still leave.

Comment

Oh dear...

MPs plan more indicative votes on Thursday

If the MPs who supported the second ref. and those supporting the customs union combine on a motion that wouldn't be good.

In fact that would be very very bad.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

As Michel Barnier

Threatens no deal

I find it somewhat amusing as caller after caller rings into LBC to suggest if the PM were to threaten no deal that the EU would cave.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X