• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next pm is...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next pm is...

Oliver Letwin
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Corbyn
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Gove 4:1
      Johnson 6:1

Comment

And they say there is no corruption in Britain...

This has been a testing time for our country and our party. We’re nearly there. We’re almost ready to start a new chapter and build that brighter future.

But before we can do that, we have to finish the job in hand. As I say, I don’t tour the bars and engage in the gossip – but I do make time to speak to colleagues, and I have a great team in the Whips’ Office. I also have two excellent PPSs.

And I have heard very clearly the mood of the parliamentary party. I know there is a desire for a new approach – and new leadership – in the second phase of the Brexit negotiations – and I won’t stand in the way of that.

I know some people are worried that if you vote for the withdrawal agreement, I will take that as a mandate to rush on into phase two without the debate we need to have. I won’t – I hear what you are saying.

But we need to get the deal through and deliver Brexit ...

I am prepared to leave this job earlier than I intended in order to do what is right for our country and our party.

I ask everyone in this room to back the deal so we can complete our historic duty – to deliver on the decision of the British people and leave the
        European Union with a smooth and orderly exit.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Democracy in action:

A consequence of May's likely resignation is that the unresolved question of Britain's future relations with Europe, to be negotiated in phase 2 of talks, will largely be decided on hustings in a Tory Party leadership contest. Fewer than 120,000 deciding on behalf of 46m.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            The will of the people may still be to leave, or it may now be to remain (we may find out soon in a 3rd ref), but what we do know is the will of the people is not to support May's deal It really is laughable that she uses the people as an excuse to support her deal, when all evidence is that the people don't want her deal

Comment

Who says that? And how the fook would YOU know? You bailed out years ago you whining c0cksocket.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Who says that? And how the fook would YOU know? You bailed out years ago you whining c0cksocket.

I wonder how many Kleenex you used after writing that witticism....

Comment

I wonder
                  We know. You seem to spend your entire life in befuddled wonderment. It is a direct by-product of your being blessed with a brain that is smaller than a weevil's wedding tackle.

You make Whorty sound like Stephen Hawking.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    We know. You seem to spend your entire life in befuddled wonderment. It is a direct by-product of your being blessed with a brain that is smaller than a weevil's wedding tackle.

You make Whorty sound like Stephen Hawking.

Only when I use my iPad to speak

Comment

Working...
                    X