• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Metropolitan elites telling us what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metropolitan elites telling us what to do

Overwhelmingly white, privately educated, wealthy, male. Diversity and speaking for the common person....

Paul Waugh on Twitter: "White smoke alert. No.10: “The PM + a number of Govt Ministers met today at Chequers for lengthy talks w/ senior colleagues about delivering Brexit. The meeting discussed a range of issues, inc whether there's sufficient support in Commons to bring back a Meaningful Vote this wk""

Cast list at Chequers was:
    Boris Johnson
    Jacob Rees Mogg
    Steve Baker
    Dominic Raab
    Damian Green
    David Davis
    Iain Duncan Smith
    PM
    Chief Whip
    Brandon Lewis
    Steve Barclay
    Alistair Burt
    Michael Gove
    David Lidington

Wow - so it's their fault that they went into politics is it?

Should they have been excluded because of these traits would that be okay would it?

Just for the record 81.9% of the UK is white so you would expect approx 80% of politicians to be white as well..

Or maybe you just prefer people with a funny tinge

Former Labour MP Angela Smith criticised over skin colour comment - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Just for the record 81.9% of the UK is white so you would expect approx 80% of politicians to be white as well..
      I'd expect it to be a bit higher - and it is. Currently it's 92%.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I'd expect it to be a bit higher - and it is. Currently it's 92%.
        So do you think the UK parliament is racist and exclusive then?

Comment

Wow - so it's their fault that they went into politics is it?

Should they have been excluded because of these traits would that be okay would it?

Or maybe you just prefer people with a funny tinge

Former Labour MP Angela Smith criticised over skin colour comment - BBC News
          I already have a funny tinge.

Out of all those “qualities”, you chose to focus on race?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

Actually I think you find it was meridian who brought up the topic of skin colour, and gender (whilst we are in xenophobic mode) in the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              Actually I think you find it was meridian who brought up the topic of skin colour, and gender (whilst we are in xenophobic mode) in the original post.
              Overwhelmingly white, privately educated, wealthy, male. Diversity and speaking for the common person....
              Yup it certainly looks that way.

Comment

So do you think the UK parliament is racist and exclusive then?
                No.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  One of many “qualities”, all of which together go to show the “diversity” of the specific group of people making back room decisions about the future of this country.

If you’re happy for that to continue, for you to be ruled by Old Etonians, say so.

Comment

One of many “qualities”, all of which together go to show the “diversity” of the specific group of people making back room decisions about the future of this country.

If you’re happy for that to continue, for you to be ruled by Old Etonians, say so.
                    Interesting thing is that England/the UK has been built (over centuries) on the backs of hard work of the white ruling and working classes so why would you not expect the ruling classes to be in the majority white?

The fact that there are many other skin colours, races and creeds represented just shows how diverse the UK is and continues to be.

Where as a predominately black country is a bit slow in catching up.

Uganda elects first white politician | IOL News

Comment

Working...
                    X