• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official 2nd May “deal” vote thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official 2nd May “deal” vote thread

Will she get it? Currency markets are optimistic

Brexiteers realise although it is a bad deal the alternative is to never leave.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

“No-deal” is what they are going for.

Emergency budget some sweeties and promise of more IF they win in new General Election - 2019.

You’ve heard it on here first!

Comment

Even if most of the ERG group switch, she still needs 30 - 40 Labour MPs. That is questionable.

It's going to be interesting.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Any indications from the DUP yet?

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
            Any indications from the DUP yet?
            No, they're still conferring with their sky fairy and how he (isn't it strange how all the top gods are a 'he') would vote.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

thought this was amusing(particularly the last line should amuse remainers), taken from the BBC news web site

Conservative Brexiteer Daniel Kawczynski is asked about the panel of lawyers that is examining the documents agreed in Strasbourg last night for the European Research Group (ERG).

On whether their advice would trump that provided by the attorney general, he replies: "I don't think it's a question of one trumping the other."

Asked what should happen if the two sets of advice contradict one another, he says: "We will have to cross that bridge when we come to it."

He adds that the ERG will be "taking advice" from the DUP on the matter.

Comment

Geoffrey Cox rejects the deal.

Well well, at least he 's stuck to his guns! Theresa's deal is now toast, not sure she is though.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Legal risk reminas unchanged

Again from BBC news web feed

The final lines from Geoffrey Cox's letter of legal advice say:

The legal risk remains unchanged that if through no such demonstrable failure of either party, but simply because of intractable differences, that situation does arise, the UK would have, at least while the fundamental circumstances remained the same, no internationally lawful means of exiting the Protocol’s arrangements, save by agreement.

Comment

Looks good. The saga continues, extension now likely and more arguments.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X