• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official 2nd May “deal” vote thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    So he'll be investing in the UK shortly...

Pretty much, buy at the bottom.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      For the first time in my life I'll be voting Labour. Feck, can't believe I'm even saying that Until the Tory party get rid of their euro skeptic scum they will never get my vote again.
      Where I live was LibDem for years before turning Tory in the 2015 election. So, thankfully, I don't have to vote Labour to oust the scum.

Personally, I couldn't see Labour getting an overall majority with Corbyn at the helm, which is probably just as well for all our sakes.
      Last edited by stonehenge; 12 March 2019, 16:35.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        They are the faceless millions who only have one way to have a voice - they can vote.

They voted one way and that decision is now being overturned by a small minority with a vested interest.

So when the next politician comes to my door they will be politely shown the way off my property - as they have shown their true colours - which is fook everyone but lining my own pocket.

However I am civilised - unfortunately many are not - I think the politicians of the UK really need to do themselves a favour and not go door knocking when the next general election is coming up.
        Right so what are they going to do when a politician knocks on their door ?

do tell

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

do tell

Sir Vince has done so several times, in the almost 20 years I have been one of his constituents. I politely and respectfully tell him he's not getting my vote. He's quite a nice chap, but I wouldn't want him running the country.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

do tell

Ok so lets have a think - you have been told that violence is bad and the only way to live in a civilised society is to use your vote as your voice.

And so you did along with millions of others and an outcome was achieved.

Over the next 2 years you watched with disbelief as this democratic process you have been told is better than violence is eroded by some people who you do not know and do not understand why they get a say in your life.

You then watch TV and see the english politicians doing exactly the same.

And so you come to realise that the vote did not work and you have been lied too.

And one of those liars is stood at your door in an expensive suit trying to kiss your children and tell you why you should vote for them.

You feel completely unempowered and frustrated - and feel this person in front of you is just spinning more lies for the sole reason of lining their own pockets at your expense.

What do you think is going to happen?

Comment

Ok so lets have a think - you have been told that violence is bad and the only way to live in a civilised society is to use your vote as your voice.

And so you did along with millions of others and an outcome was achieved.

Over the next 2 years you watched with disbelief as this democratic process you have been told is better than violence is eroded by some people who you do not know and do not understand why they get a say in your life.

You then watch TV and see the english politicians doing exactly the same.

And so you come to realise that the vote did not work and you have been lied too.

And one of those liars is stood at your door in an expensive suit trying to kiss your children and tell you why you should vote for them.

You feel completely unempowered and frustrated - and feel this person in front of you is just spinning more lies for the sole reason of lining their own pockets at your expense.

What do you think is going to happen?
              The logical conclusion is that he's going to sit under the kitchen table with a paper bag over his head.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 March 2019, 08:19.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

The logical conclusion is that he's going to sit under the kitchen table with a paper bag over his head.
                The obvious conclusion is they are going to lash out as those that lied to them.

You can only push people so far before they snap.

Comment

The obvious conclusion is they are going to lash out as those that lied to them.

Get those khakis on and weapons out...Join Nigel in the great uprising...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

On your front door step with witnesses.

really ?

I don't think so, I thing they'll be under the kitchen table with a paper bag over their head.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

What about the Green Party Candidate Caroline Lucas or if Ken Clarke turned up who always told his constituents he would never vote for the first referendum and he would always support rejoining the EU:

What about those "continuity remoaners". They didn't lie did they.

Would they be OK ?
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X