• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Democracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Bleat all you want. I answered the OP question.

After the government has spent £7 million on producing the leaflet, to be sent to every household, as part of the information on the referendum and they say "will implement".

It would be counter to democratic principles, yes.

Google, undemocratic.

HTH BIDI
    Using this logic then, had May/Tories lost the GE in 2017 and Labour revoked A50 would this have been OK in your eyes as it was a Tory government that made this promise, and not Labour?

It was the Tories who made the promise to deliver the 'will of the people' and not parliament. May lost control of parliament in 2017 so she was never in a position to deliver on Cameron's promise.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Indeed we are. And our representatives decided, by means of a binary Referendum, to hand decision-making powers to the Electorate in this instance.

We await their implementation of said Referendum result.

And we are not holding our breath!

I thought the average IQ of the forum had dropped dramatically today ...... welcome back Spuddy
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        I thought the average IQ of the forum had dropped dramatically today ...... welcome back Spuddy
        But nice to have tea and coffee service back.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Indeed we are. And our representatives decided, by means of a binary Referendum, to hand decision-making powers to the Electorate in this instance.
          And, with the help of you and your fellow travellers, are working hard to make sure no-one does anything so stupid again.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X