• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK manufacturers panic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    ON that I would agree with you. Our politicians failed us massively in that respect. ...

We, as a country, have been massively let down by our politicians on all sides of the divide on Brexit.

We, as a country, have been let down by those who sold the lie of Brexit. Not Cameron, not May, but Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg, Farage, Dyson, and the rest of the media manipulators who perpetrated the lies that Brexit voters believed.

We, as a country, have been let down by those who voted for Brexit, who when asked to come up with ideas are only interested in finding ways to blame the EU and then demand that Remain voters come up with ideas.

We, as a country have been let down. It's not the EU who voted to leave, but 17.4 million people in the UK. Those are the people who have let the United Kingdom down, because they, day after day, are only interested in division, never in ways for the country to go forward.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

OH and I was under the impression he was PM at the time. He was the CEO of UK PLC at the time. It was his responsibility. Instead he just ran away.

Now, I would agree that the team leading the Brexit campaign should have had more than just a few slogans. they should have had a plan of how they intended to tackle the EU negotiations. But there again lies the problem. the current CEO of UK PLC is still a remainer. The current leader in the negotiations T. May is a remainer. The civil servant heading up the UK negotiation team is a remainer. It is remainers that have got us into this mess. If you really want to blame the leaders of the Brexit campaign then they should have been given/handed/made to negotiate the terms of our departure.
      I’m going for the trifecta today. It’s all the Remainer’s fault.

You lot really like to whinge about how it’s always someone else’s fault, don’t you.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        We, as a country, have been let down by those who sold the lie of Brexit. Not Cameron, not May, but Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg, Farage, Dyson, and the rest of the media manipulators who perpetrated the lies that Brexit voters believed.

We, as a country, have been let down by those who voted for Brexit, who when asked to come up with ideas are only interested in finding ways to blame the EU and then demand that Remain voters come up with ideas.

We, as a country have been let down. It's not the EU who voted to leave, but 17.4 million people in the UK. Those are the people who have let the United Kingdom down, because they, day after day, are only interested in division, never in ways for the country to go forward.
        I think you should leave the referendum campaign out of this as there were an awful lot of lies perpetrated by both sides. We were told by the then Chancellor that is we voted to leave there would have to be an emergency budget the very next day to prevent financial Armageddon neither of these things happened.

We have been severely let down by the UK negotiation team who are staffed with individuals who do not believe in what they are negotiating for.

WRT the rest of your rant. If you don't want to live in democracy you know what to do. Maybe just maybe those 17.4million people who you appear to think of as traitors to the country have a different view of a way forward than yourself. What aspects of division so you think the 17.4 million voters are only interested in exactly?

Comment

I think you should leave the referendum campaign out of this as there were an awful lot of lies perpetrated by both sides. We were told by the then Chancellor that is we voted to leave there would have to be an emergency budget the very next day to prevent financial Armageddon neither of these things happened.
          Let me give you an analogy.

You’re walking down the street and meet two guys. One says he’s going to punch you in the face; the other one says that he’s not going to punch you in the face.

Both are lying.

Why are you more upset that the one that said he was going to punch you in the face, didn’t?

Aren’t you the least bit upset that the one that promised everything was going to be okay was also lying and is now battering you?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Let me give you an analogy.

You’re walking down the street and meet two guys. One says he’s going to punch you in the face; the other one says that he’s not going to punch you in the face.

Both are lying.

Why are you more upset that the one that said he was going to punch you in the face, didn’t?

Aren’t you the least bit upset that the one that promised everything was going to be okay was also lying and is now battering you?
            1. The one that said he was going to punch me in the face would be lying in a pool of his own blood.
            2 The one that said he wasn't going to punch me in the face would have run away before I got round to breaking his limbs

I probably going to be a ban now for threatening violence.

Your analogy doesn't work for me.
            Last edited by Yorkie62; 6 March 2019, 09:33.

Comment

We were also told that we had a strong and stable government, that leave means leave, that the UK would be better off out. So all that stuff, given the drop in sterling's value etc, which was closer to the truth - are we better off right now than we would have been if we stayed in?

We have been severely let down by the UK negotiation team who are staffed with individuals who do not believe in what they are negotiating for.
              Well, if you want to blame the negotiators, you should have voted for better ones. They didn't have an agreed platform on what they wanted to negotiate, because the Leave campaign didn't know what they wanted. It is not the fault of a committee if those that wanted it fail to turn up and fail to offer positive suggestions.
              You can't go round blaming others, Nigel.

WRT the rest of your rant. If you don't want to live in democracy you know what to do. Maybe just maybe those 17.4million people who you appear to think of as traitors to the country have a different view of a way forward than yourself. What aspects of division so you think the 17.4 million voters are only interested in exactly?
              Those who voted to leave are not traitors - that's a term that Brexiteers use on those who voted to remain and those who are interested in doing what is best for this UK.
              Please don't Newspeak all the Wail lies to make them the opposite of what they are.

So, please suggest positive ways that you think you (as a leave voter) are trying to come up with suggestions for the future of the United Kingdom that is inclusive of all its citizens?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

1. The one that said he was going to punch me in the face would be lying in a pool of his own blood.
                2 The one that said he wasn't going to punch me in the face would have run away before I got round to breaking his limbs

oh, dear, quite the little keyboard warrior aren't you?

Be afraid. Be Very Afraid

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  We were also told that we had a strong and stable government, that leave means leave, that the UK would be better off out. So all that stuff, given the drop in sterling's value etc, which was closer to the truth - are we better off right now than we would have been if we stayed in?

We haven't left..Yet!

Well, if you want to blame the negotiators, you should have voted for better ones. They didn't have an agreed platform on what they wanted to negotiate, because the Leave campaign didn't know what they wanted. It is not the fault of a committee if those that wanted it fail to turn up and fail to offer positive suggestions.
                  You can't go round blaming others, Nigel.

Voted for better ones!!!! Now there is/was a challenge Hobson's choice, May or Corbyn, both stood on the remain platform during the referendum and therefore neither believe in what they are negotiating for

Those who voted to leave are not traitors - that's a term that Brexiteers use on those who voted to remain and those who are interested in doing what is best for this UK.
                  Please don't Newspeak all the Wail lies to make them the opposite of what they are.

So, please suggest positive ways that you think you (as a leave voter) are trying to come up with suggestions for the future of the United Kingdom that is inclusive of all its citizens?
                  Unifying the country is impossible until everyone accepts the democratic result of the referendum an get behind the objective. But its too late for that now as we are nearly at the end of the process. The country should have got behind its democratic decision in 2016 instead of continually arguing about the result. We are a divided country and until those that do not uphold the democratic result of the referendum we will continue to be a divided country. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Comment

Unifying the country is impossible until everyone accepts the democratic result of the referendum an get behind the objective. But its too late for that now as we are nearly at the end of the process. The country should have got behind its democratic decision in 2016 instead of continually arguing about the result. We are a divided country and until those that do not uphold the democratic result of the referendum we will continue to be a divided country. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
                    So after a general election everyone should get behind the winning parties policies even though you disagree with them? Why not just have a one party state in that case?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It is the Brexiteers responsibility to convince everyone else that it is in their own interests to destroy their own futures, so they can join with the Brexiteers to crash out of the EU.

Still waiting for the convincing arguments !

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X