• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK manufacturers panic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Every little hurts.
    What do you mean Germany & Canada aren't also exiting the EU?

Surely their job losses are Brexit-related!!!!????

What do you mean organisations restructure periodically to try and increase profit?

Are you somehow saying that organisations have no loyalty/affiliation to the countries they operate in and are only in it for the profit?

Wow, you've such a clever manfish
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      "Furthermore, Sonova is in the process of integrating certain services for all of its hearing instrument brands at a single location each in Germany and in Canada in order to further optimize the footprint of its operations."

"The measures are being implemented in the UK, Germany and Canada and are expected to result in a combined reduction in workforce in these markets by about 250 employees."

Employees - 14,242
      About us | Sonova International

Well, some of it, but only those at Sonova know how much - as they've only specified combined reduction over 3 countries in their press release... luckily for those Sonova, it's only 1.75% of the global workforce over the 3 countries and will save them 7 million a year once complete.
      Originally posted by Bean View Post
      What do you mean Germany & Canada aren't also exiting the EU?

Surely their job losses are Brexit-related!!!!????

What do you mean organisations restructure periodically to try and increase profit?

Are you somehow saying that organisations have no loyalty/affiliation to the countries they operate in and are only in it for the profit?

Wow, you've such a clever manfish
      Chin up! That's the spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Chin up! That's the spirit.
        Huzzah, more meaningless drivel. Keep it up.
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
        X