• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini and Toyota to leave UK in case of no deal brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    And there’s the other set of people to blame, the shareholders.

Ever thought about sticking your hand up and admitting that it was your vote that got us in this position? Or leading Brexiters? Or anyone or anything on the Leave side?
    Sorry, I don't understand why the shareholders are to blame? Please explain.

I have no problem in holding my hand up and stating that I voted to leave, and given another chance I would do the same again, for the simple reason we would always be a vassal state whilst in the EU. Did you watch the TV documentary "Europe, 10 years in turmoil" I think it was called. there are too few counties in the EU that have all the power. It's in not a collection of 27 countries but the majority being dominated by the few.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      But it does show, that unlike some businesses that are complaining, that their leadership has shown to have done their due diligence and come to a business decision based on the risk assessment they have conducted. In a nutshell, You and I may not like the decision but they have done the job they are paid to do and run the business for the sole benefit of their shareholders who only want a financial return on their investment.

It's a shame the Leave camp and its voters didn't do the same thing - carry out due diligence, come to a decision based on the risk assessment they have conducted, and come to a decision that is for the benefit of the United Kingdom, not just lining their own pockets with profits, or concerned about the last couple of years of their lives, and screw anyone under 60.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        It's a shame the Leave camp and its voters didn't do the same thing - carry out due diligence, come to a decision based on the risk assessment they have conducted, and come to a decision that is for the benefit of the United Kingdom, not just lining their own pockets with profits, or concerned about the last couple of years of their lives, and screw anyone under 60.
        Yep, It should have all been done before we got anywhere near a referendum. This very question should have been asked in parliament when they were debating on whether or not to hold a referendum. It's call due diligence.

Comment

Yep, It should have all been done before we got anywhere near a referendum. This very question should have been asked in parliament when they were debating on whether or not to hold a referendum. It's call due diligence.
          It was done, by the Leave team. While they were doing their due diligence, they realised that there was no “one plan” that they could all unite around.

It was a deliberate decision to keep the campaign vague enough to appeal to all people.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            It was done, by the Leave team. While they were doing their due diligence, they realised that there was no “one plan” that they could all unite around.

It was a deliberate decision to keep the campaign vague enough to appeal to all people.
            So who in the leave campaign has been allowed to follow their plans through? Who is in charge of our negotiations with the EU?

Comment

100% agree.

I still can't understand how we were given an option (to Leave) which would fook up an existing international treaty (the GFA).

Comment

Paralysis through analysis or never agree to change because its better staying with what you know! Yes leaving is a recipe for short term mayhem but that's fine because the UK will be better out of the EU in the long term than in. If there's another vote (typical EU with repeated votes until they get the answer they want) I'll vote the same as before which is leave because everything I've heard and seen since the vote has only strengthened my conviction that the EU is wrong for us and probably wrong for Europe

Comment

So who in the leave campaign has been allowed to follow their plans through? Who is in charge of our negotiations with the EU?
                  Those are the sort of questions Leave voters should have been asking for the last 3 years, not waiting until now to start thinking about asking them!
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Those are the sort of questions Leave voters should have been asking for the last 3 years, not waiting until now to start thinking about asking them!
                    I think we are coming to a meeting of minds.

Comment

Working...
                    X