• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If MPs stop Brexit, Middle England could stage its biggest revolt in modern history

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The great news is that it is a different question. The original question didn't define the type of withdrawal - the whole range from Norway + single market to hardest of Brexits. Why would you object the the electorate having their say. Do you not trust them?

In terms of politicians being impartial. Are you muddling them up with judges?
    No I mean they are incapable of making a decision which is not designed to benefit them first and foremost.

Which is most certainly not what they are elected for.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      No I mean they are incapable of making a decision which is not designed to benefit them first and foremost.

Indeed although it does look like they're slowly learning their lesson.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Then why did you use the word 'impartial'?

Moving on, in what way is Sarah Wollaston acting to benefit herself first and foremost?

Comment

It doesn't matter what MPs do, they will be vilified unless they deliver "unicorns". If there is a no deal they'll be vilified for the ensuing chaos, if they vote for May's deal, they'll be vilified for that as well. They may as well do a full reversal on Brexit.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Which is to do what they think is best for those they represent.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              If MPs don't do what an individual wants then generally they argue that the politician is self-serving. Therefore the argument about whether politicians are self-serving is a pointless argument. It's not really an argument, it's just a slogan.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

EU caves in to May's demands

There you go the Brexiteers were right all along.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  This Brexiteer narrative is switching from:

'They are ignoring the will of the people because they think they know better as to what is best for the country'

...to...

'They are ignoring the will of the people because they want an outcome that benefits them first and foremost'

The Traitors and Enemies of the People rhetoric is building up for a claim of 'Stab in the Back'.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    This Brexiteer narrative is switching from:

'They are ignoring the will of the people because they think they know better as to what is best for the country'

...to...

'They are ignoring the will of the people because they want an outcome that benefits them first and foremost'

The Traitors and Enemies of the People rhetoric is building up for a claim of 'Stab in the Back'.
                    Exactly they need to get the rioters on the street.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Exactly they need to get the rioters on the street.
                      So long as any riots start after 9:30, so they can use their free bus passes to get there. All riots need to finish by 12 too, as there are OAP lunchtime specials down 'spoonies they need to take advantage of.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X