• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jean-Claude Juncker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Your point being....?

As a country we voted, in a general election, for the conservative party, led by Teresa May, to form a government. Now explain to me how Teresa May is the unelected leader of the Conservative Government.
    So the ERG were trying to overturn the will of the people last week, in trying to oust May as leader of the Conservative Party?

What if they had succeeded? "The country" wouldn't have had a say in her successor. (Like May when she took over from Cameron. Brown when he took over from Blair, like John Major when he took over from Thatcher).
    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
      So the ERG were trying to overturn the will of the people last week, in trying to oust May as leader of the Conservative Party?

What if they had succeeded? "The country" wouldn't have had a say in her successor. (Like May when she took over from Cameron. Brown when he took over from Blair, like John Major when he took over from Thatcher).
      Just a reminder that The Queen is head of state in the UK. The PM is only head of the government and the PM has to ask the ruling monarch's permission to form a government.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Just a reminder that The Queen is head of state in the UK. The PM is only head of the government and the PM has to ask the ruling monarch's permission to form a government.
        The Queen has all kinds of powers, but that doesn't mean she in reality can use them.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          The Queen has all kinds of powers, but that doesn't mean she in reality she chooses use them.
          Ftfy

If you can't exercise a right to do something then you never had that right in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Because one day I might change my mind and be pro-Brexit so I'll need to be able to use emoticons.

BTW, your last link was about Juncker before he was elected to the EU and was once again, all supposition. He may will like a drink but you know, some people change as we have seen this week with JRM
            1/10 must try harder, or WTFH will be along to call you Mr Post editor... lol

Correct, and within it, numerous people step up to say he drinks too much, with one saying he was ‘stock drunk’ and verbally abusing people. Another report saying he was criminal in his dereliction of duty to office.

What evidence would you accept that he has a problem exactly, a doctor’s report, a picture of him leaving an AA meeting?

Unless he admits it... it will always be the word of other people...would have thought you could have grasped that by now.
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              1/10 must try harder, or WTFH will be along to call you Mr Post editor... lol

Correct, and within it, numerous people step up to say he drinks too much, with one saying he was ‘stock drunk’ and verbally abusing people. Another report saying he was criminal in his dereliction of duty to office.

What evidence would you accept that he has a problem exactly, a doctor’s report, a picture of him leaving an AA meeting?

Unless he admits it... it will always be the word of other people...would have thought you could have grasped that by now.
              Someone obviously has it in for Juncker, good for you. If he does have an alcohol problem then he would fit right in with British politicians. Personally I don't think too much of him either but he has done some good within the EU but happy that he is standing down.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Someone obviously has it in for Juncker, good for you. If he does have an alcohol problem then he would fit right in with British politicians. Personally I don't think too much of him either but he has done some good within the EU but happy that he is standing down.
                Of course, I obviously ‘have it in for him’, completely missing the point, that the effective head civil servant of a behemoth supranational organisation, clearly drinks on the job, may be a ‘functioning alcoholic’ and your response is whataboutery with regards to some British politicians? Fantastic.

Don’t worry, I hear the next head, Selmayr won’t be in the same vein.

Ps. Aren’t reports of British MPs drinking, just opinion pieces too....or are you saying you accept them for MPs but not Juncker?
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Ftfy

If you can't exercise a right to do something then you never had that right in the first place.

If she chooses to use some of her powers, she'll end up being a rather rich old women living in a republic. And the power won't have been exercised. She knows this, and so doesn't rock the boat.

She did sack the Australian prime minister (in '75, I think), but that was at the behest of her government. Monarchical power may exist de jure, but not de facto.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X