• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa survives - badly wounded though

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU to humiliate Theresa May in Brussels by rejecting her demands

Brexiteer MPs queueing up to say that they are very depressed today, there are only about 150 of them.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      EU to humiliate Theresa May in Brussels by rejecting her demands

Brexiteer MPs queueing up to say that they are very depressed today, there are only about 150 of them.

Yes because as the article states having dinner is far more important to the EU that sorting out how, and under what conditions, one of its member countries is to leave the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        Yes because as the article states having dinner is far more important to the EU that sorting out how, and under what conditions, one of its member countries is to leave the club.
        It's been sorted out and agreed.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          It's been sorted out and agreed.
          Not in the UK it hasn't. It isn't agreed until all parties agree.

Comment

And they say there are no positives to Brexit ... well there is one, nice and clear. The Tories can rid their party of the extremists once and for all; they can go and join Farage in their new UKIP 2 party and vanish out of UK politics forever.

"8.23am update: Nicky Morgan predicts exodus of hard Brexiteers

Former minister Nicky Morgan suggested that a split in the Conservatives may be looming, with hardline Eurosceptics leaving the party.

She told the BBC: "I think there's an inevitability that some of these people - the hardest Brexiteers - are going to walk.

"There may be some sort of reconfiguration of parties on the right of the UK political spectrum and that may be something we are going to have to accept in order to get a Brexit deal through the House of Commons.""
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Not in the UK it hasn't. It isn't agreed until all parties agree.
              Well, if the UK parliament can't agree to the deal, and they have already said no deal is not an option (for the democratic majority of the democratically elected members of the house) then it's either revoke A50 and Remain, or extend A50 to try to get a better deal (Norway +) that the majority of the democratically elected members of the house can agree to.

Seems most leave voters who have been interviewed on TV over the last couple of days would be happy with May's deal; it's only extremists who want no deal. Let's put it to the people : May's deal or Remain. If Brexiters are true to wanting to leave the EU, and May's deal delivers this, then surely 52% will vote for May's deal?

Can someone pass the popcorn
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

They'll change their minds as the UK holds all the cards.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Well, if the UK parliament can't agree to the deal, and they have already said no deal is not an option (for the democratic majority of the democratically elected members of the house) then it's either revoke A50 and Remain, or extend A50 to try to get a better deal (Norway +) that the majority of the democratically elected members of the house can agree to.

Seems most leave voters who have been interviewed on TV over the last couple of days would be happy with May's deal; it's only extremists who want no deal. Let's put it to the people : May's deal or Remain. If Brexiters are true to wanting to leave the EU, and May's deal delivers this, then surely 52% will vote for May's deal?

Can someone pass the popcorn
                  This is the bit I don't get. Why does remain have to be on a 2nd ballot paper? We voted to leave, and parliament accepts that, or at least it should and if any MP cannot standby the result of their constituents then they should resign, because that is what they are there for, to represent their constituents. Therefore if we are to have a 2nd referendum, the options put to the people should be, May's deal or No deal as they, currently, are the only options available that satisfy the democratic vote of the people. Parliament should then be bound to deliver that result.

Comment

So if we all agree that the main thing which affects stock markets is uncertainty.

Can anyone explain why all those politicians who are trying to delay brexit and cast doubt over the vote of the people feel they are actually adding value when

1) Brexit will not be overturned
                    2) These delays are detrimental to the country.

Can you not see how these self serving idiots are causing major problems whilst trying to point the finger at everyone else.

And why then do you feel you should offer your support to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      And they say there are no positives to Brexit ... well there is one, nice and clear. The Tories can rid their party of the extremists once and for all; they can go and join Farage in their new UKIP 2 party and vanish out of UK politics forever.

"8.23am update: Nicky Morgan predicts exodus of hard Brexiteers

Former minister Nicky Morgan suggested that a split in the Conservatives may be looming, with hardline Eurosceptics leaving the party.

She told the BBC: "I think there's an inevitability that some of these people - the hardest Brexiteers - are going to walk.

"There may be some sort of reconfiguration of parties on the right of the UK political spectrum and that may be something we are going to have to accept in order to get a Brexit deal through the House of Commons.""
                      I agree this looks increasingly likely. Tory "remoaners" will cobble a deal together with Labour even more Brinoy than before, maybe a second referendum and that's then end of the Tory party as we know it. The end game is membership of the EU, perhaps soon or maybe in 10 years.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X