• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK can unilaterally revoke article 50

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    May and her supporters will put it to the country, the significant number of true remainer MPs in both tory and labour camps would agree to it if they get a remain option.

If May and all the faux brexiters (Gove, Bozo, ...) really wanted out they would have been planning for 'no deal' as a last resort from day one so not reliant on getting a good deal from the EU, not the 'anything is better than no deal' they are now filling the media with. What has happened to May's 'no deal is better than a bad deal'?

There is no appetite for a majority 'no deal' in parliament any more than for May's deal, so remain it is. Though as you say there may not be time to get to a 'remain' through before March 2019 so would have to rejoin on new terms, kicking off yet another round of discord.

That's the way I see it currently.
    "No deal" was agreed by parliament last year.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      "No deal" was agreed by parliament last year.
      It won't be agreed by parliament next week though...more's the pity...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

A pity we are not preparing for no deal.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          I have. I would welcome it
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            Seems par for the course. No preparation for a Brexit "yes" vote. No preparation for a no deal.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm prepared.

Cleared out my garage to rake in the cash when the government needs emergency stockpiling locations as all the warehouses are full of crimbo tat.

Plan B: Airbnb style app where garage owners register their locations (for a fee), creating an instant distributed warehousing facility for all the stuff we'll need to stockpile for post 'no deal'. Government will pay millions for that database soon. Kerching.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                Plan B: Airbnb style app where garage owners register their locations (for a fee), creating an instant distributed warehousing facility for all the stuff we'll need to stockpile for post 'no deal'. Government will pay millions for that database soon. Kerching.
                And providing a ready made location database for crims
                Not a bad idea though, just think through the security.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I say Tereza cancels Brexit, revokes A50 and be done with it.
                  Anyone against?
                  Good.
                  Next.

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
                    I say Tereza cancels Brexit, revokes A50 and be done with it.
                    Anyone against?
                    Yeah apparently some farmers oop north who'll go all postal on us. So they say.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Yeah apparently some farmers oop north who'll go all postal on us. So they say.
                      Not to forget an army potato peeler with the rank of private, who set up the entire GSM network in India single handedly

Comment

Working...
                      X