• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit, great for reducing net migration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit, great for reducing net migration

UK migration: Fewer EU arrivals but overall figure stays the same - BBC News

"EU net migration was 74,000 in the year to the end of June 2018, while non-EU net migration was 248,000"

"The number of EU citizens moving to the UK has continued to drop, but more people coming from elsewhere means the overall migration rate is unchanged"

I bet all those who voted for control of our borders, and to stop those pesky EU types from coming to the UK, are well chuffed
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Said no one who voted brexit ever!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Said no one who voted brexit ever!
      Really? You saying immigration, FoM, and control of our borders, was not a reason idiots voted Brexit? And you lot, now you know the UK economy will be worse off under every Brexit scenario, now claim the economy also wasn't a consideration. Pray tell, what did you vote for?

Not:
      - Immigration
      - The Economy
      - Hence can't be Trade (as trade is linked to the economy, and the EU can get better trade deals than we can on our own)

Was the only thing you voted for the rights of fishermen to trawl the North Sea until it's devoid of life?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

So UK can totally control non-EU immigration but fails to do so, no doubt due to evil EUSSR ECJ meanies...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          So UK can totally control non-EU immigration but fails to do so, no doubt due to evil EUSSR ECJ meanies...
          Is that the ECJ that Churchill helped found?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Is that the ECJ that Churchill helped found?
            Oh yes!
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Is that the ECJ that SupremeSpod helped found?
              FTFY

Comment

Non-EU migration is to start: Government set to relax restrictions on non-EU doctors | Society | The Guardian

Next it will be non-EU fruit pickers and chicken stuffers...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Next it will be non-EU fruit pickers and chicken stuffers...
                  Chin up. If they lower the bar far enough they may even invite you back. But only if we run out of traffic cones!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Net migration stays the same. Instead of white people brown people are now coming, I'm sure that's exactly what the racist brexit voters wanted

Comment

Working...
                    X