• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiters - you lost, get over it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Based on the direction of travel of a big red bus, where all the people who convinced (and continue to convince) through their lies and deceit that it's a good idea, the direction of the bus was set a couple of years ago. All the original drivers etc have got off and are in hiding or working out how to make money from it. The people you voted for are not interested in the future of this country. They are hell bent on blaming, causing division and convinced that we need to get more extreme.

Did I say that, or was I just asking you where you got your Project Doom from?
    And thankfully our token comedian just showed up...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Brexit is like communism, great in theory.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        That won't happen - we must be punished. We will have to surrender what's left of out veto powers, our fishing rights, and most likely our £10billion net contribution will become the £20billion gross we actually pay (i.e. we won't get anything back).
        Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        You've based this on what? Is it some kind of scare story you have been told to believe, or is there factual evidence it will happen?
        There is factual evidence for this, haven't you been paying any attention at all?

UK would still lose EU budget rebate if it decided to cancel Brexit, Brussels budget chief says | The Independent

Comment

It increasingly looks like voting leave will cost 350 million a week.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

A price worth paying. At least we still get to vote for the people who spend the rest. We await your pithy comeback...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

A price worth paying. At least we still get to vote for the people who spend the rest. We await your pithy comeback...
              It doesn't look like that will happen, does it.

The British tax payer is about handover 60 billion to the EU with which they can do whatever they want and that's just for starters. It's also clear Corbyn will be in charge so the amount of tax going to the EU will seem like a pittance.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Yep. Entirely due to the leave vote and incompetent politicians trying to construct a five sided triangle, we end up staying in the EU as a full member, but on worse conditions.

A price worth paying.
                Not really.
                At least we still get to vote for the people who spend the rest.
                Er... yes. But you get that regardless.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                  Once again you've not followed what I said. I said Brexiteers are not thick or twats. They are gamblers. They listen to what they want to hear and the enjoy taking punts without regard for the true risks. I find that unacceptable when they are gambling the family pay packet rather than their own pocket money.
                  I voted to leave because I felt that the status quo wasn't the way forward. I wanted to grasp the opportunity to shake things up and create my and my son's future.

I'm not gambling, I'm bloody sure that if we pull together we can create a better environment for us and our children than the EU Super state is offering.

I feel no need to ridicule those that have voted differently to me - I'm disappointed that we appear to be descending into what in more unenlightened times would have been a civil war.

At the end of the day the will of the people shall be served.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    There is factual evidence for this, haven't you been paying any attention at all?

UK would still lose EU budget rebate if it decided to cancel Brexit, Brussels budget chief says | The Independent
                    That covers part of the story - naturally, if we are not at the table to negotiate the budget rebate then we won’t get one. But there are a couple of other elements to it as well.

Firstly, the rebate even existing is mainly due to the unequal CAP distributions. The U.K. has been pushing for a decade or more for reforming the CAP, and at the last budget round it there were indications that further changes would be made. Any change to the CAP to harmonise it more in line with what the U.K. wants, means a reduction or removal of the rebate. Quid pro quo. Remove/reform CAP, and we’ve also removed the very reason for there being a rebate.

Secondly, the rebate is reduced for any cash that comes back to the U.K. on behalf of U.K. citizens. We’re left in a strange position where for example in Erasmus, the more the government promote Erasmus, the more people take it up, the more the rebate will be reduced. Similarly there are examples of public projects where the EU would part-fund, and the government refused to fund the balance and canned the projects because this would lead to a lower rebate based on the part funding coming from the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      I voted to leave because I felt that the status quo wasn't the way forward. I wanted to grasp the opportunity to shake things up and create my and my son's future.

I'm not gambling, I'm bloody sure that if we pull together we can create a better environment for us and our children than the EU Super state is offering.

I feel no need to ridicule those that have voted differently to me - I'm disappointed that we appear to be descending into what in more unenlightened times would have been a civil war.

At the end of the day the will of the people shall be served.
                      Good luck. If Brexit is so great, go for a real, aka, hard one.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X