• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU to demand more concessions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU to demand more concessions

Looks like EU countries think that the negotiators didn't go far enough

EU to turn the thumb screws

FRANCE is looking to turn the screw on Theresa May by pressurising EU Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier to demand Britain makes even more concessions in next week’s talks to discuss the draft withdrawal agreement.

I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Let's hope that they DO.
    It will make the decision to leave without a crap deal all the more likely.

Then we can start proper negotiations. The sort we should have been doing all along.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

It's what we've come to expect from the French. Sod 'em...s
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

That's a bit out of order isn't it? It's not like the UK have ever asked the EU for concessions...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Next Poster Minister

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Then we can start proper negotiations.
            I think May has had it. She'll be gone soon. However I can't see anyone at all who could replace her.

Except, that is for one totally stand-out candidate.

You, PosterBhoy. You are genuinely the only one who can see what the others can't.
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
              I think May has had it. She'll be gone soon. However I can't see anyone at all who could replace her.

Except, that is for one totally stand-out candidate.

You, PosterBhoy. You are genuinely the only one who can see what the others can't.
              The ERG want a no deal crash out of the EU. They, and their puppets (Raab, Davies), are pretending that they want a deal but it's all bull. They haven't got the balls to admit this though as most Brits do want a deal and they know by telling the truth they'd lose a lot of support. And the snowflake Brexiters these are the people to lead our (once great) country.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                Well you started your latest effort with a ridiculous assertion but redeemed yourself further on with a confession that is much more fitting!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

More humiliation

Brussels piles misery on May: EU forces FISHING concessions from UK in trade declaration

Anyone who thinks the UK will simply crash out with no deal is in cuckoo land, there' s a maximum of 100 MPs in parliament for no deal. The fact that the bill won't pass doesn't mean there won't be a second bill, probably extending article 50.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Why did 17 million people in the UK vote for this?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X