• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the Brexit Referendum was so good for Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the Brexit Referendum was so good for Britain

I'm really getting massively cheered up by the upcoming BRINO victory. Aren't you?

We all thought we were going to be demoted to being some sort of seedy Bangladesh of Europe. Scrounging around the world begging for left-overs off the tables of the rich and powerful blocs who we would touch our forlocks to.

But then Theresa May (almost single-handedly) magics up out of nothing a shining vision of the future - all the benefits of being in a big powerful economic group but without the drawback of the British vetoing everything.

This has really turned out well.

Thank you Brexiteers. I didn't see your cunning, inspired plan.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

The operative words are "own" "goal" and "scored".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

Barnier will probably reject May's plan on the grounds that it isn't nearly humiliating enough. So we'll have a proper Brexit after all.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Barnier will probably reject May's plan on the grounds that it isn't nearly humiliating enough. So we'll have a proper Brexit after all.
        GE seems most likely outcome, unless the Tories bottle it and support May after all. I mean, let's face it, the Tories don't want a GE as they know they'll get a kicking, and if they reject May then that is what is coming next.

And a GE could mean no Brexit. Too risky for the Brexiters.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Even if they were to agree a deal, I can't see parliament accepting it.

Comment

I'm really getting massively cheered up by the upcoming BRINO victory. Aren't you?

We all thought we were going to be demoted to being some sort of seedy Bangladesh of Europe. Scrounging around the world begging for left-overs off the tables of the rich and powerful blocs who we would touch our forlocks to.

But then Theresa May (almost single-handedly) magics up out of nothing a shining vision of the future - all the benefits of being in a big powerful economic group but without the drawback of the British vetoing everything.

Fook me.

Comment

We all thought we were going to be demoted to being some sort of seedy Bangladesh of Europe.
                The significant part of that being the "We", a group made up of lamebrained reactionary chicken-hearted bedwetters.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  "We", a group made up of lamebrained reactionary chicken-hearted bedwetters who won. And you - the gamblers - who fought... and lost
                  FTFY
                  "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Fook me.

No Thanks but yes its a pile of steaming tulip
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X