• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breixteers, how is this increasing opportunity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breixteers, how is this increasing opportunity?

Your current free zone. You can freely move, work, trade, travel, study, live, retire across this area.

Your future free zone (assuming free trade and travel area with Ireland).

Are you saying the EU are going to ban everyone in the UK from travelling to Europe? Or are you just being a numpty, as usual? Did you spend your whole ban thinking up this drivel?
    By the way, you missed the Isle of Wight, the Channel Islands and Gibraltar off your map. Or are we about to lose them all to that lovely Mr Juncker as well?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Are you saying the EU are going to ban everyone in the UK from travelling to Europe? Or are you just being a numpty, as usual? Did you spend your whole ban thinking up this drivel?
      By the way, you missed the Isle of Wight, the Channel Islands and Gibraltar off your map. Or are we about to lose them all to that lovely Mr Juncker as well?
      You silly boy (sorry can't say anymore what you really are as Cojak is reading this)

I think whoever drew the map just forgot to draw in the Isle of Wight not that it's going to make a huge difference, yes you may travel to England (as that is the IOW)

You pick out one item from a long list "travel"
      Of course you can travel but not without limitations, you may require a visa to travel but even if you are waivered a visa you won't be able to stay any longer than 90 days in a 180 day period like the rest of the non EU world

Comment

Are you saying the EU are going to ban everyone in the UK from travelling to Europe?
        Talk to a non-EU citizen before asking the question. An American friend here in Munich has to jump endless hoops to live and work here. Most Brits will soon have the same issues.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Are you saying the EU are going to ban everyone in the UK from travelling to Europe?
          Would be good if they only allowed to travel those who voted against Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Your current free zone. You can freely move, work, trade, travel, study, live, retire across this area.

The point you, and a great many other Remainers, are spectaculary missing is that the overwhelming majority of people that voted Brexit have no interest in doing most of those things (with the exception of "travel" for holiday purposes which will still be allowed).
            They are quite happy doing all of those activities in their home country.

What this large percentage of the population believe is that allowing 400 million people access to do all of those things in the UK has been, for them, a bad thing.

Of course, as someone that actually HAS worked in a variety of places around Europe I CAN see that there are benefits. But those who actually receive this benefit are relatively small in number.

It should, consequently, therefore come as no surprise that so many people voted to put an end to the arrangement.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              The point you, and a great many other Remainers, are spectaculary (sic) missing is that the overwhelming majority of people that voted Brexit have no chance of doing most of those things as they haven't been successful in life and are jealous of those more successful than they are (with the exception of "travel" for holiday purposes which will still be allowed as they only want to go to Benidorm).
              They are quite happy doing all of those activities in their home country.
              The politics of envy ... "If I can't have it, I don't want anyone else to have it"
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                You silly boy (sorry can't say anymore what you really are as Cojak is reading this)

I think whoever drew the map just forgot to draw in the Isle of Wight not that it's going to make a huge difference, yes you may travel to England (as that is the IOW)

You pick out one item from a long list "travel"
                Of course you can travel but not without limitations, you may require a visa to travel but even if you are waivered a visa you won't be able to stay any longer than 90 days in a 180 day period like the rest of the non EU world
                I am hoping he was being intellectually dishonest, but the likely reality is that he is just plain thick.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I am hoping he was being intellectually dishonest, but the likely reality is that he is a plain Jog On
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    The politics of envy ... "If I can't have it, I don't want anyone else to have it"
                    Much of this will be down to their disregard for the ambitions of the sort of people that openly flaunt the sort of smug condescending sneering that you have just done in your rehash.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X