• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breixteers, how is this increasing opportunity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Here, let me help you;

to being inside the EU

Then there wouldn't have been a referendum to prevent you enjoying the status quo

but there are downsides to being inside the EU and they (voting public) did try to prevent that

Because you want to travel, work & retire in the EU, everyone else suffering any downsides can be damned in your view

OPM can always correct me if i'm wrong, anyway, hope that helps you.

We needn't worry about not being able to work and retire in the EU because:

Brexiteers' FURY at May over new deal - It’s single market 'by the BACKDOOR!'

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      Here, let me help you;

but there are downsides to being inside the EU and they (voting public) did try to prevent that

Because you want to travel, work & retire in the EU, everyone else suffering any downsides can be damned in your view
      Pray tell, what are the downsides of being in the EU? All we hear is about the 'corrupt, unelected officials' with little substance or facts and mostly falsehoods. All EU officials are elected, based on rules that the UK government was party to creating.

If you say, it's the amount of money we pay, then this will be surpassed by the cost of us not being in the EU so, yes, whilst we did pay, in the benefits we get are more than we will get being outside.

If it's immigration, then this is a lie. Our government could have controlled immigration more but they chose not to. Being outside the EU will make no difference, we will still get more immigrants than Brexiters will ever be happy with.

As for me, I don't work in the EU and have no plans to. I don't plan to retire to the EU any time soon either if ever at all. As for travel, if just for leisure it won't be that different as I'll be a tourist. So what exactly do you think I want for me that you are taking away?

What I voted remain for was to protect british jobs, jobs that we will lose because we will lose (or at least have restricted) access to our biggest market. We will also have to give better trade deals to countries like India and China as we won't have the same bargaining power as the EU has, this could flood our market with cheaper goods thus having even more impact on British jobs (cheap asian tyres anyone?) None of this will impact me directly, but it will impact lots of those areas of the country that were duped into voting out.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        SNIP
        I was just translating for you, as you seemed unable to comprehend the post by OPM, despite the clear context of the thread and prior replies.

I should have realised you wouldn't grasp the context of me 'explaining' the OPM post and instead incorrectly perceive that I have 'said' that stuff, ho hum.

HTH BIDI
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

And besides

what the fook is a Breixteers?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            And besides

what the fook is a Breixteers?
            Someone who has not got a clue what they are doing
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

I won't ask you where you got that ridiculous notion from because you haven't got a clue, and you care less.
              UK could remain a top-10 global economy in 2050 - despite Brexit

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

-Article from early 2017 when they still thought a good brexit deal would be possible
                -lots of coulds and woulds to use your own argument
                -In the top 10 meaning in this article being number 10 behind countries like Indonesia, Russia and Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  -In the top 10 meaning in this article being number 10 behind countries like Indonesia, Russia and Brazil
                  Yet ahead of all EU countries except Germany.

Go figure.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Could.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Could.
                      It's assuming a union with Narnia.

Comment

Working...
                      X