• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd Referendum question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essentially given his time of alleged service he was as far away from real war as it could have possibly been, where as 18 year olds of my year were thrown into bloodbath in Chechnya 1993

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      If he was any good he’d be serving in the West Germany

India was hardly under risk of Soviet (or anybody elses) invasion
      Neither was west germany, - sabre rattling was all that was
      first to blink, and all that.
      but draft dodgers and civvy war gamers couldn't be expected to know that

Comment

Essentially given his time of alleged service he was as far away from real war as it could have possibly been, where as 18 year olds of my year were thrown into bloodbath in Chechnya 1993
        There was a nasty outbreak of fighting when he served up shepherd's pie for the fourth consecutive day.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Neither was west germany, - sabre rattling was all that was
          first to blink, and all that.
          but draft dodgers and civvy war gamers couldn't be expected to know that
          Eastern Germany housed the strongest Soviet army group - could have gone either way, where as in India the biggest risk shauny had was skipping his portion of gin and tonic.

HTH
          Last edited by AtW; 23 October 2018, 20:23.

Comment

If he was any good he’d be serving in the West Germany
            Then even by YOUR rather odd logic I must have been "any good" as I DID serve in West Germany. Although as BR14 mentions, it turned out to be relatively safe.

India was hardly under risk of Soviet (or anybody elses) invasion
            And as has been laboriously explained elsewhere, I had left the Army before working in India. A point that you seemed to have missed even though a cretin like Whorty finally managed to take it on board.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Essentially given his time of alleged service he was as far away from real war as it could have possibly been,

Can't argue with that, easy to say now of course with the benefit of hindsight. I was fairly influential even though I say so myself, but are you intimating that I held some sort of control over world events? Wow.....never knew you held me in such high regard.

where as 18 year olds of my year were thrown into bloodbath in Chechnya 1993
              So was it Asthma or a yellow belly? You know....what your Mummy wrote in your sick note?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                I was fairly influential
                In the toilet cleaning department

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  I was fairly influential even though I say so myself ....
                  Ha ha, good one. Funniest joke of the day. Matches your previous best that you are a successful contractor who's made loads of dosh, yet at 60 (it now appears) you're still having to work rather than living off all that dosh you made. When will your little Devon mortgage finally get paid off?

You are so full of it
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Matches your previous best that you are a successful contractor who's made loads of dosh, yet at 60 (it now appears) you're still having to work rather than living off all that dosh you made.
                    There is no "having to work" involved.

I am fortunate enough to thoroughly enjoy what I do, and it pays well and also allows me to live in a wonderful house overlooking the sea whilst enjoying a few decent holidays every year.

Why would I pack THAT in?

We are not all chained to a desk grappling with basic coding like grunts like you.

Comment

Working...
                    X