• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally, a Remainer who (mostly) gets it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, a Remainer who (mostly) gets it

And in the Graun of all places
    I won’t be marching for a people’s vote. There has already been one | Suzanne Moore | Opinion | The Guardian

Well worth a read.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I get it too.
    If there was a "People's Vote" or "2nd referendum" I would vote for a Hard Brexit.

HTH, BIDI.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

There was one in the 1970s as well where the UK voted to join the EC, so using Brexiteer logic teh people had already spoken and the referendum in 2016 was undemocratic

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        There was one in the 1970s as well where the UK voted to join the EC, so using Brexiteer logic teh people had already spoken and the referendum in 2016 was undemocratic
        Just to correct you, the 1975 wasn't a vote to join, it was a vote to remain (we joined on Jan 1st 1973).
        And in case you hadn't realised it, you have actually answered the question. We joined the EEC, an economic community. Now it has morphed itself into a Union, with the intention of becoming a single nation state, many of us no longer wish for the UK to be a member. By definition, the EEC and the EU are totally different entities, so the 1975 vote is irrelevant.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Just to correct you, the 1975 wasn't a vote to join, it was a vote to remain (we joined on Jan 1st 1973).
          And in case you hadn't realised it, you have actually answered the question. We joined the EEC, an economic community. Now it has morphed itself into a Union, with the intention of becoming a single nation state, many of us no longer wish for the UK to be a member. By definition, the EEC and the EU are totally different entities, so the 1975 vote is irrelevant.

You mean those that voted didn't understand what they voted for and we should have another vote ???? Disgusting!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What Brexit voters voted for is exactly the same as what they voted for in 1975, i.e. to remain members of the EU. They just didn't know it.

Brexit SELL OUT as UK to REMAIN tied to EU rules in STITCH-UP

I recommend this film if you want to avoid being stitched up in the future.

The Sting (1973) - IMDb

Last edited by BlasterBates; 21 October 2018, 09:58.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              What Brexit voters voted for is exactly the same as what they voted for in 1975, i.e. to remain members of the EU. They just didn't know it.

Brexit SELL OUT as UK to REMAIN tied to EU rules in STITCH-UP

I recommend this film if you want to avoid being stitched up in the future.

The Sting (1973) - IMDb

The EU didn't exist in 1975. I thought we were trying to keep lies out of the discussion?

Comment

The EU didn't exist in 1975. I thought we were trying to keep lies out of the discussion?
                Once EUSSR takes over the world all history books will be changed to say that EUSSR had been forever.

HTH

Comment

It is for the sovereign British parliament to decide whether there is a further referendum. If it decides there will be, the patriotic gammons will certainly celebrate such an expression of parliamentary sovereignty.

Comment

I don't believe there should be a second referendum but if there were one, would it also be advisory?

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...22.pdf#page=32
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X