• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Without any sense of irony

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    By the way, this is such a pathetic argument. What you are in effect saying is that the U.K. doesn’t give a stuff about the people of Catalan and would rather keep quiet in order to further it’s own economic interests.

That’s not the Britain I know, but it is the one that Brexit seems to have pushed certain people towards.
    It is for similar reasons, why we (the UK) are relatively silent on Saudi Arabia - due to arms sales.....

If you're upset with that, I suggest you form a new political party
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Then **** off...
      We are..........

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        In June 2016, a majority of the British voting public voted for the country to LEAVE the EU.

Indeed..................
        Indeed ... a referendum based on lies.

The option was always

1) A Norway, Canada style agreement or/

2) Crash out

The populace were told Brexit would be an easy process and we'd get the best deal ever in no time at all. 2 years later and we're on the brink of crashing out and those with the least today will lose the most post Brexit.

I'm all for no deal, it's what the voting public deserve. A few hard years will maybe make people reflect how good we had it in Europe. Whether we ever vote to go back in, or remain stubborn and once again become the poor man of Europe (or more likely, the 51st state of the US and Trump's bitch) will remain to be seen.

In the meantime, I'll increase my property portfolio and look to take early retirement and live off the income. Watching from the sidelines could be fun
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          The populace were told Brexit would be an easy process and we'd get the best deal ever in no time at all.
          Maybe in the La La Land that you inhabit, but in the UK we were never told any such thing.

But why let reality and fact get in the way of your distorted world view eh?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Maybe in the La La Land that you inhabit, but in the UK we were never told any such thing.

But why let reality and fact get in the way of your distorted world view eh?

Or, in the real world these are the promises made during the campaign (dates and who made the promises all listed) ..... linky

But don't let the truth get in the way of your ignorance.

Be interested to know which of these promises that you think are being delivered on.

Edit: I expect you to come back with some bedwetting comment rather than answer the question as usual.
            Last edited by Whorty; 21 September 2018, 14:04.

Comment

in the real world these are the promises made during the campaign.

Be interested to know which of these promises that you think are being delivered on.
              Promises?....................made by Politicians?.......................FFS............ how spectacularly naive ARE you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                Of course not. What a thoroughly stupid question.
                Are you saying I’ve sunk to your level?
                Originally posted by Bean View Post
                IF however, in a darkened London street, with your face covered and in the presence of other rioters during a riot, then you could well expect some reasonable force to be applied to yourself, to ensure no breach of the peace, and for you to disperse from the area - or do you disagree with that?
                He may have been in the presence of rioters and protestors. Your use of the word “other” would imply that you think he was part of the group.

If someone is selling newspapers, is he an “other rioter” or someone doing his job?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Promises?....................made by Politicians?.......................FFS............ how spectacularly naive ARE you?

You voted for them young man, not me. I saw through the lies, seems you and your ilk were not smart enough to work out the end result for yourself.

Comment

You voted for them young man, not me. I saw through the lies, seems you and your ilk were not smart enough to work out the end result for yourself.
                    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mat..._12191462.html

https://www.politico.eu/article/accu...ed-out-so-far/

Druncker still doesn't get it

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...claude-juncker
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Are you saying I’ve sunk to your level?
                      Dress it up however you desire. I'm glad you agree it is a thoroughly stupid question.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      He may have been in the presence of rioters and protestors. Your use of the word “other” would imply that you think he was part of the group.

If someone is selling newspapers, is he an “other rioter” or someone doing his job?
                      Someone doing his job (although walking away isn't selling newspapers), hence why your example and question were incredibly stupid, and not an apt analogy.

HTH
                      Originally posted by Old Greg
                      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X