• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explained why Metropolitan areas voted remain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Are accusations false if someone makes a statement but adds a question mark at the end so they can claim that they never actually said what they said?
    Not if you're Australian?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Are accusations false if someone makes a statement but adds a question mark at the end so they can claim that they never actually said what they said?

Posted by the man who imagines others have posted things.

I don't Know - are they?

Show me a link! Or it never happened.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBean View Post
        I don't Know - are they?

Show me a link! Or it never happened.
        Don't you read the Daily Wail?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

just for the haters

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...as-immigration

Helen Boaden, the BBC's former news director, has admitted the corporation held a "deep liberal bias" in its coverage of immigation when she took up the role in 2004.

Boaden, who is now the BBC's head of radio, made the candid admission to a BBC Trust review into the impartiality of the corporation's coverage of immigration, religion and the European Union.

She told the review, published on Wednesday, that the BBC did not take the views of lobby group Migration Watch "as seriously as it might have" when she became director of news in September 2004.

So their own news director admits they were biased but it didn't stop them.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/99...ation-watch-uk

“The video seems designed not to inform and stimulate discussion but to promote a particular opinion.”

Following the withdrawal of the video, a BBC spokesman said: “Don't Hate the Debate is a series of films designed to help teachers enable classroom debates about topical issues.

“Each film includes a real debate between four young people, all giving views on a topic.

“While we believe the film did convey the broad elements of the immigration debate, we accept further efforts could have been made to involve contributors with a more diverse range of opinions, so we removed the video.”

Lord Green of Deddington welcomed the decision, saying: “It is refreshing that Sir David Clementi saw immediately that the material was unacceptably biased and ordered its withdrawal and revision.”

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...as-immigration

So their own news director admits they were biased but it didn't stop them.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/99...ation-watch-uk
            But they don't constantly run the headlines you claim the run.
            In fact they have never run the headlines you claim they run.

Because facts are something you can't cope with.

And who cares if they don't lean as far to the reicht as the Wail, it's a good thing to have a bit of balance in this country.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Most people correctly comprehend, that when a sentence ends with a '?' - it denotes the sentence being a question and it is NOT a statement or an accusation.

Shame, I thought you had that comprehension too, must be too much fizz in the airport lounges...
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

And who cares if they don't lean as far to the reicht as the Wail, it's a good thing to have a bit of balance in this country.
                I suggested they were strongly biased to the left. You asked me to prove it. I have.

Two stories where their own news editor admitted they had a significant left bias and and where they used taxpayer funds to create propaganda films.

Now you want me to prove that they are at the same level of Goebbels which is not what I said.

Typical remoaner lies about reality aka project fear then when they are caught out start blathering on wait till we leave! Keep moving the goal posts.

Comment

Actually according to YouGov few papers lean as far left as the Guardian but as few people buy them (I wonder why? Maybe lefties don't read news?) it doesn't really matter.

Whether or not many of the papers are actually right-wing, there is certainly a strong perception that they are and the circulation levels mean they have a lot more people getting their news every day from “right-wing” publications than “left-wing” ones.

Our research and the National Readership Survey highlight the tricky media landscape for those on the left. As Owen Jones himself goes on to say in his video, the left needs to find a strategy that will cut through to the people despite the dominance of the “right-wing” press.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/03/07...ks-newspapers/

Comment

Working...
                  X