• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dairy products 'may become luxuries' after UK leaves EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-uk-leaves-eu

Like Switzerland, dairy products cost a fortune there and other things as well. A trip to the Supermarket was very expensive. To be expected.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

A victory for lactose intolerant Brexiteers.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Like Switzerland, dairy products cost a fortune there and other things as well. A trip to the Supermarket was very expensive. To be expected.

£1.40 for a liter of milk.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Real milk, or that weird UHT stuff that tastes like you’re on a camping trip?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Can't even spell litre correctly, gets giddy. What a bell end.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Real milk, or that weird UHT stuff that tastes like you’re on a camping trip?
              Real milk - though I had some UHT milk recently and it tasted almost normal.

Liter is the German word for litre. I'm sorry I forgot to translate it - I didn't intend to confuse the stupid.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

As someone pointed out on Twitter last night, the article mentions a few luxuries like cheese, yoghurt, etc.

But fails to mention milk powder-based infant formula.

Is feeding babies a luxury now, in Brexitania?

Comment

Perhaps our supermarkets can buy from UK dairy farmers and at long last their businesses may become profitable. We could also go back to buying lots more stuff from our friends in New Zealand and elsewhere There are lots more opportunities as an independent nation rather than as a mere vassal of the EU Anyone thought what the stay alternative would be like with us being forced to join the Euro and having to take in more of the EU refugee mountain?

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                    Perhaps our supermarkets can buy from UK dairy farmers and at long last their businesses may become profitable. We could also go back to buying lots more stuff from our friends in New Zealand and elsewhere There are lots more opportunities as an independent nation rather than as a mere vassal of the EU Anyone thought what the stay alternative would be like with us being forced to join the Euro and having to take in more of the EU refugee mountain?
                    It would be a fantastic glorious day for the future of the 4th reich?

not

Comment

Working...
                    X