• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Backtracking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtracking

More bloody foreigners: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44477095

‘Out means out’ I say - and if that means Leavers don’t get the treatment they need then what a wake up call that will be!
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

What in intelligent thing to do.

Set a limit - see what happens if needs be review and raise the limit.

Hardly rocket science and hardly controversial either.

But obviously you can see this ability to bend with trends and react quickly to change as negative and not a positive.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      What in intelligent thing to do.

Set a limit - see what happens if needs be review and raise the limit.

Hardly rocket science and hardly controversial either.
      So the question would be: why didn't the former home secretary set one previously?
      There was nothing stopping her doing it.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        So the question would be: why didn't the former home secretary set one previously?
        There was nothing stopping her doing it.
        Because no one ever properly questioned it.

Comment

Because no one ever properly questioned it.
          Is it the EU's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Is it the EU's fault?
            There seemed to be a certain amount of ennui around many things the UK did - which could be 'blamed' on the fact we were part of the EU and therefore did not have to put any effort in because we had an excuse to blame Europe (even if blaming Europe was incorrect).

So it's the EU's fault for existing as much as it is the UK's fault for hiding behind it.

Comment

There seemed to be a certain amount of ennui around many things the UK did - which could be 'blamed' on the fact we were part of the EU and therefore did not have to put any effort in because we had an excuse to blame Europe (even if blaming Europe was incorrect).

So it's the EU's fault for existing as much as it is the UK's fault for hiding behind it.
              I'm fairly much in agreement with you there. The existence of the EU made the UK fat and lazy. The UK has decided to run a marathon in a couple of years time but doesn't want to do any exercise because it didn't have to for a long time. The UK could have run a marathon while in the EU, but chose not to. It will never succeed in running a marathon until it starts to exercise and stops blaming the sofa for being comfortable.

Comment

This is such a precious quote. Even though we could have run our country differently, and we always had conroldo have control, then because we didn't take control that is someone else's fault. FFS, you Brexidiots don't like to take any responsibility for your own actions do you? Once we're out of the EU, and the UK is struggling, who will you blame next? The US, Russia, China, Gabon?!?

No wonder Brexidiots are not successful, its because life is sooooo hard and they never got the breaks, and it's all the other blokes fault
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  This is such a precious quote. Even though we could have run our country differently, and we always had conroldo have control, then because we didn't take control that is someone else's fault. FFS, you Brexidiots don't like to take any responsibility for your own actions do you? Once we're out of the EU, and the UK is struggling, who will you blame next? The US, Russia, China, Gabon?!?

No wonder Brexidiots are not successful, its because life is sooooo hard and they never got the breaks, and it's all the other blokes fault
                  Not me mate, I relish the challenge! Wresting our destiny from the EU collective is exactly what I voted for.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Not me mate, I relish the challenge! Wresting our destiny from the EU collective is exactly what I voted for.
                    The challenge is that we had control of our destiny, but the UK government refused to take control, instead they were too lazy and did a good PR job of blaming the EU for everything that was actually the UK government's fault.

Comment

Working...
                    X