• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The doom and gloom vs reality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    UK legally bound to pay the EU 39 billion in the case of no deal

Oh dear.

Hands up who agreed that. One might be forgiven for thinking the EU are better negotiators.

And in other news clueless Brexiters fook up again. Who'd a thunk it?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Do you know the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?
      The "bendy banana" myth, the first one on your list, has been debunked elsewhere, so I stopped reading at that point.

And you think that pathetic list is worth this?

Brexit: Japan warns UK companies could leave
      https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1GB1BY
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

WTF?

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Max fac customs arrangement s to cost business 17 to 20 billion annually. EU membership is starting to look like a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Do you know the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?
            The "bendy banana" myth, the first one on your list, has been debunked elsewhere, so I stopped reading at that point.

And you think that pathetic list is worth this?

Brexit: Japan warns UK companies could leave
            https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1GB1BY
            https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/curved-bananas/
            "Bananas must not be excessively curved. (The Sun, 4 March 1998, p6)

Bananas are classified according to quality and size for international trade. Individual governments and the industry have in the past had their own standards with the latter’s, in particular, being very stringent. The European Commission was asked by national agriculture ministers and the industry to draft legislation in this area. Following extensive consultation with the industry, the proposed quality standards were adopted by national ministers in Council in 1994."

what an absolute
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/curved-bananas/
              "Bananas must not be excessively curved. (The Sun, 4 March 1998, p6)

Bananas are classified according to quality and size for international trade. Individual governments and the industry have in the past had their own standards with the latter’s, in particular, being very stringent. The European Commission was asked by national agriculture ministers and the industry to draft legislation in this area. Following extensive consultation with the industry, the proposed quality standards were adopted by national ministers in Council in 1994."

what an absolute
              You love showing off your low IQ at every turn, don't you?

Your own link debunks the Sun quote you've chosen to post.

"Bananas are classified by quality and size so they can be traded internationally. Quality standards are also needed so that people know what they are buying and that the produce meets their expectations."

Straight & bendy bananas are not banned by the EU. Commission Regulation 2257/94 identifies certain restrictions for fruits that producers have to conform to in order to sell their produce within the EU. The regulation states that bananas must be "free from malformation or abnormal curvature."

Class 1 bananas can have "slight defects of shape" and Class 2 bananas full-on "defects of shape"

It's a way of classification so that supermarkets know exactly what they are getting - as your own link says industry standards are the most stringent.

Thick fooker. Doh! and Double Doh!
              Last edited by sasguru; 23 May 2018, 15:32.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Euromyths

It's amazing how much people cling to myths.

The regulation on bananas is about them not rotting, covered in maggots or being obviously deformed.

After Brexit I propose the EU export stinking rotting deformed bananas to the UK to satisfy the average Sun reader's expectations of what he wants from a banana.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Euromyths

It's amazing how much people cling to myths.

The regulation on bananas is about them not rotting, covered in maggots or being obviously deformed.

After Brexit I propose the EU export stinking rotting deformed bananas to the UK to satisfy the average Sun's reader's expectations of what he wants from a banana.

Well what do you expect. Having no or few qualifications is the best predictor of voting Brexit.
                  So you get complete morons like OPM and Mr. Bean.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Well what do you expect. Having no or few qualifications is the best predictor of voting Brexit.
                    So you get complete morons like OPM and Mr. Bean.
                    Brexit is too good for them.

Comment

That is such a wank quote.

Has anyone here received a bill for £900?

Every household?

Based on what?
                      Are you really this dim? You do actually realise that this £900 figure is indicating how worse off the country is in total, divided by the population, due to Brexit?
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X