• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wow just wow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow just wow

Nigel Farage criticised for saying he will keep EU pension

Anti-EU MEP called ‘shameless hypocrite’ after asking Andrew Marr: ‘Why should my family suffer?’

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics...eep-eu-pension

What a piece of tulip

Is the UK paying for it?

If its the EU, then fine.

If its the UK, I agree with you.....

Comment

If he spends it putting slogans on buses, I'm happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Is the UK paying for it?

If its the EU, then fine.

If its the UK, I agree with you.....
        Part of the 'divorce bill' is to cover pension liabilities. So yes, the UK is paying it.
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
          Part of the 'divorce bill' is to cover pension liabilities. So yes, the UK is paying it.
          But that's not DimPrawn who may just move to Cyprus - let all the suckers pay UK taxes!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Nigel Farage criticised for saying he will keep EU pension

Anti-EU MEP called ‘shameless hypocrite’ after asking Andrew Marr: ‘Why should my family suffer?’

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics...eep-eu-pension

What a piece of tulip
            Nope he is entitled to his pension.

It's amazing how such a little thing can cause such a large amount of misdirected ire at someone.

Or maybe you can explain why he should not get his pension?

If I work for a company and then decide to leave because they are a bunch of ******* I still get my pension unless I do something really bad - which Farage did not do.

Note I do not actually like Farage - quite an odious little man really.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
              So if Farage does not take a pension will the UK get a discount on the divorce bill?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So if Farage does not take a pension will the UK get a discount on the divorce bill?
                It depends - are we stumping up a proportion of the full future pension bill, or are we stumping up for future pensions of UK staff? If the latter, why not take over those pensions from the UK budget directly rather than continue to contribute into the EU budget for it?

(An MEP pension is 3.5% of the MEP's salary for each year served. In 2019, Farage will have been an MEP for 20 years, so would be entitled to 70% of an MEP's salary as a pension upon reaching 63 years old. Interestingly, 70% is the maximum, so he's managed to get that timed absolutely perfectly.)

Oh, I believe departing MEPs will also get a payoff of around 2 years salary. An MEP's salary is around €101,000.

(Source: salaries and pensions )
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  If I work for a company and then decide to leave because they are a bunch of ******* I still get my pension unless I do something really bad - which Farage did not do.
                  Except he didn't work for them.
                  1. He rarely ever turned up at meetings (or voted)
                  2. He was never working for the EU, always against anything Europe wanted.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Nope he is entitled to his pension.

It's amazing how such a little thing can cause such a large amount of misdirected ire at someone.

Or maybe you can explain why he should not get his pension?

Note I do not actually like Farage - quite an odious little man really.

Farage is a self serving chunt, just like ALL the rest of them.

HTH.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X